• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Howdy TGP from San Diego...

BrainPod

Brian here,

Just introducing myself, wanted to say hello... :BEER

Very cool and informative forum, this is my first day and already I've absorbed a ton of knowledge!! So, THANK YOU GUYS!!

Now as far as gear goes:

My main guitars are...

'82 Les Paul Standard (my baby, she stays home most of the time)

A black Epiphone Dot (my main gigging electric)

My MAIN guitar is a mid-1950's (i think) Silvertone 3/4 scale acoustic. We threw a Dimarzio single coil in the soundhole, added volume and tone knobs, and an input jack. People don't know what to think of it, til they hear it plugged in!! haha (see pics)

I also have a mid '50's Kay full size acoustic that i did the same mod to, except with a P-90. Sounds rediculous!! Very nasty, swampy tone.

As far as amps, i just sold a Peavey Delta Blues. I had swapped the semi-crappy Black Widow speaker for a vintage 15'' 1966 CTS. Also took out two of the 12AX7's and threw in 12AU7's. Made that amp come alive. DEFINITELY wasn't easy to part with!!

So, thanks for having me!!

Cheers,
Brian
myspace.com/theblackoutparty
brian_holwerda@yahoo.com

BrainPod

Hey Brian welcome to TGP. Dig your band!! I'll have to check you guys out some time.
Man I checked out those Lentz guitars, would LOVE to plug one in some time!!! Where is the shop located??

We're opening for Blue Cheer at the Casbah Feb 1st, it would be fun to have you guys out... And hey, if Lentz wants to loan me something to strum on for the evening, I'd be honored!!

Be in touch,

Very nice meeting you Ian,

Best,
Brian

Ian Anderson

Man I checked out those Lentz guitars, would LOVE to plug one in some time!!! Where is the shop located??

We're opening for Blue Cheer at the Casbah Feb 1st, it would be fun to have you guys out... And hey, if Lentz wants to loan me something to strum on for the evening, I'd be honored!!

Be in touch,

Very nice meeting you Ian,

Best,
Brian
Hey Brian,

Good to make your aquaintence. we are up in San Marcos. Stop by sometime. I'd love to make that gig but am running low on PTO from my night gig. :worried Let me know when you guys have a weekend show!

HipKitty

Gold Supporting Member
Greetings from Nashville Brian!

Gotta love SD! I grew up in the Imperial Valley and my folks have been in La Mesa for eons! Love visiting them...of course.

BrainPod

Greetings from Nashville Brian!

Gotta love SD! I grew up in the Imperial Valley and my folks have been in La Mesa for eons! Love visiting them...of course.
Just checked out the website, you guys are doing some real cool pedals!!

Do any stores in California carry them?? Would love to plug in sometime!!

San Diego IS a great place, I'm just a few miles from La Mesa... I was actually in East Nashville this summer stayin with a friend and playin a few shows there and Memphis... Such a different world out there!! Loved it though...

Hope all is well,

Thanks for the warm welcome

HipKitty

Gold Supporting Member
Just checked out the website, you guys are doing some real cool pedals!!

Do any stores in California carry them?? Would love to plug in sometime!!

San Diego IS a great place, I'm just a few miles from La Mesa... I was actually in East Nashville this summer stayin with a friend and playin a few shows there and Memphis... Such a different world out there!! Loved it though...

Hope all is well,

Thanks for the warm welcome
No stores in California as of yet. We were working on one, but it hasn't fallen through yet...but that will be changing soon.

Curly

welcome

I don't know how you play that Silvertone. I had one for my first guitar, and it was a real challenge ... I'm surprised I ever kept playing!

Top Bottom