Howdy! We are Lucky Dog Guitars - Handcrafted One at a time in the foothills of Eastern Tennessee

I've been a member here on TGP for years so I thought I'd start a thread to share some of my builds. I rarely post Lucky Dog stuff here because most of my guitars sell before completion on my facebook/instagram pages.

I hope you enjoy what I am doing. I only work on 1-2 guitars at a time & I only build 15-20 guitars a year. I focus on quality before anything. I don't take money upfront and do not commit to deadlines I may not meet. I tell every customer who is buying a guitar an estimated time to complete but am very clear that I send a guitar out when it is done & to my satisfaction. I will not rush a build.

Most of my builds are 3 piece flame maple necks. I do it for strength and stability because so many of my customers are people who travel to different temperatures & humidity levels as pro musicians. My necks have a 6-degree tilt-back headstock which eliminates the need for string trees. I can do a non-tilt back head stock if you are one of those guys that needs a lot of room to bend behind the nut. Typically I do a 10-16 degree compound radius and use a heel-adjustable spoke wheel truss adjustment for easy changes without taking the neck off. Occasionally I do other radiuses if a customer requests.

I hope you enjoy the gallery & look forward to talking with you guys. More pics later!
Small47_zpsdrguypen.jpg

Small153_zpss9wssqzi.jpg

Small152_zpshowxdsxh.jpg

Small166_zpsg31za3jd.jpg

Small180_zpscku6mpl7.jpg

iqwimpjenxwmzloknhzu_zpsohj43li1.jpg

Small3_zpsdopeupcy.jpg

Small2_zpsqc9xq0ts.jpg

Small69_zpsyonlfua5.jpg

Small65_zpsydpcw7gf.jpg

Small132_zpsxongsvft.jpg

Small124_zps65oheqfz.jpg

Small123_zpsfveuwjez.jpg

Small145_zpsuc9l3z6k.jpg

Small158_zpsysud7cql.jpg

Small157_zpskj2fhzni.jpg

Small27_zpsz3npnjsx.jpg

Small15_zpsnbxxdgjl.jpg

Small14_zpscwciatws.jpg

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Anthony,

Great to see you putting a gallery here!

Folks as you can see, original aesthetic here, each guitar it's own thing, love what he's doing with these!

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
I've got #1. I call it Rufus because it's the Big Dog :) Anthony has continued to develop such a unique and great look for his guitars. And is that an offset I'm seeing?! Very Cool man, that new workshop is inspiring you :aok

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Super nice looking stuff brother! I really dig the aesthetics and that bridge hardware.
-Frank

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Silver Supporting Member
Anthony, really enjoying your stuff! I doubt you remember me, but we went to high school together. I was a friend of Chris Robertson (RIP), and he taught me to play. So, in a roundabout way I learned guitar from you. Glad to see you're still playing and now building.

Buddy I cant make out your pic... whats your name?

Anthony, really enjoying your stuff! I doubt you remember me, but we went to high school together. I was a friend of Chris Robertson (RIP), and he taught me to play. So, in a roundabout way I learned guitar from you. Glad to see you're still playing and now building.

two fingers

Uh......those are beautiful.

What's the chances you guys would break off a five string bass that looks like it was made 75 years ago and stored in a barn? I mean... a '51 P bass looks like a Tele on steroids anyway, right?
image002.jpg

A 5 stringer like this in that deep brown of yours with the black embossed guard would be hillbilly sexy!

reentune

Silver Supporting Member
Nice job.
I'm in the foothills of East TN as well.
Drop me a PM.
Would love to test-drive some of those electric banjos you're building!
;)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom