1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

How's your pedaltrain softcase holding up?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by billygoat, Sep 21, 2006.

1. billygoat

billygoat Member

First off, let me just say that I love my pedaltrain 2/sc. It is the best gear purchase I have ever made. However, I just noticed that after 5 months of once weekly practices and the occaisional gig, that the bag has started to rip. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

It's on the inside at the bottom where the feet are. So should I talk to the people at pedaltrain, or will they blow me off; Claiming it's normal wear and tear. If they do blow me off, what is a suitable replacement bag? Anyone?

Thanks

bg

2. Oddos

Oddos Member

My strap tore off. And hardly ever even carry it that way. The board is a stroke og genious though. So light and practical, and will last forever.

3. bobgoblin

bobgoblin Member

the shoulder strap on mine is useless: the clip that secures it to the bag bent & eventually broke off. otherwise, holdin' up like a champ, & i'm very impressed w/the board itself.

4. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Not sure that anyone's interested but I went to Studio Slips and had Susan create a double-padded soft case for my Pedaltrain Pro AND I LOVE IT!!! The other guitarist in my band has a Pedaltrain 2 with the PT soft case and his is completely falling apart. Check them out! Great product and incredible customer service!!

www.studioslips.com

...and here's the link for the Pedaltrain Pro:
    http://www.studioslips.com/sel_cab.php?ManID=119

BUT.... if you have a different version, just call or send an emai and she'll take your dimensions and make a new pattern.

5. sstweed

sstweed Supporting Member

I have a pedaltrain I with the psuedo-hard case. The case is really cheap. The handle broke in two, and the feet are loose. And this is from very light use. The board is fantastic and still going strong. But I really need to fix the case for it to be useful.

6. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The bags arent that great. You have to take good care of them. I wouldnt replace the bag with a bag, I would just order the hard case.

7. Stoney Stomp

Stoney Stomp Member

just got a Pedaltrain Jr. and within two weeks, the handle ripped...that's not good. Pedaltrain though sent me a new one within two days; which was great.
    I'm pretty sure the case wont hold up for the long run; which is fine I guess. it's just a cardura bag. But the board itself really is amazing

8. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

Mine (PT Jr) was falling apart when I took it out of the box! I later bought the hard case for it and it was worth every penny. Yes, it's bulky and heavy compared to the bag, but your pedals will be safer and the case is built like a tank.

Cheers,

CJ

9. Lefty

Lefty Member

+1

Had the PT Jr./Soft Case, sold it. Have the PT Jr./Hard Case, Love it.

10. fatback

fatback Member

I also had a handle rip off on the soft case.

11. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

Chucked my softie after years of abuse - it fell apart. Now I have a hard case. I ain't lookin' back . .

12. sstweed

sstweed Supporting Member

Just for the record, I just got a hold of Pedaltrain and they are sending me a new handle for my hardshell case, no charge. Very cool. Great service for a case that is at least a couple years old! Plus they said the replacement handle is more heavy duty than the original. There you go.

13. MK.II

MK.II Member

You guys that have replaced your Pedaltrain Jr. soft case with a hard case, did you replace it with the Pedaltrain Jr. hard case? Is it possible to buy just the Pedaltrain hard cases? If so, where did you get it from and how much did it cost? I think that I'd like to replace my soft case. Thanks for any help. :)

14. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

I have the version 2 Pedaltrain 2 with hard case, and it's great. The only thing I don't like about the hard case is that there is about 4 inches of extra space that is not seperated by a divider, the board kind of slides around in there. Anyone else experiencing this with theirs? Any ideas? I thought about putting a thin piece of wood in there and cutting it to fit tightly.

Yes, the board is great. Love it.

15. dancehall

dancehall Member

I have an Ultimate GS-100 stand that folds up and fits perfectly in there.

16. GuitarDude

GuitarDude Member

i have the pt pro. same thing about the strap. i've noticed the bag itself is starting to rip a little. i've only had it for around 6 mos but its been on the road pretty hard.

does anyone know where i can get a great case made for it?

17. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

Something like that would be great but I don't have anything that size that will fit in there, unfortunately. I suppose I could just cut a big piece of hard foam and stick it in there. Be nice to use that space for something, though.

18. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

Dig that sig line there GuitarDude.

I have a pedaltrain jr. and the soft case is horribly made. Its falling apart and I hardly ever use it. I have heard that studio slips makes a great replacement soft case that is durable. I have an amp case from studio slips and it's top notch.

19. Mincer

Mincer Member

My Jr soft case is doing ok, the PT2 version's handles probably won't last much longer. I emailed PedalTrain about ordering just a hard case, but they don't sell them separately. Maybe try ebay for a mixer case or something.
    It would be cool to have one of those 'soft side' cases- the hard foam covered by the nylon- that might be a good balance between weight and durability.

20. Rhino

Rhino Supporting Member

I cut a couple pieces of foam...seems to work fine.
    [​IMG]