• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

How's your quarantine going so far ? (posted a photo with my gear)

@patshep I'm a totally noob with recording apps , but i will need your advice in the near future lol
I haven't been annoying to much Neighbors ,i try to respect their relax times , but sometimes i really break up my amp lol

ToneDeVille

EpoaPtW.jpg

Repo251

Sweet rig. Your English is just fine. I'm practicing Pat Metheny drills, but after a beer or two I revert to minor pentatonic blues (aaarrgghh!).
Ha that’s so funny...
Been a tough year, Dime. Unfortunately COVID is on the bottom of my list of difficulties. Ex-wife told me in March she wanted a divorce. She also told me she wanted absolutely nothing to do with our adopted son. He was born addicted to meth and heroin so he had a lot of behavioral issues. We already have 2 adopted daughters that have behavioral issues because of their biological parents using and drinking. So I made the very difficult decision to adopt my son to a couple who deal with infertility. They are a wonderful mom and dad to my son. And I'm thankful he has both a mom and dad to love him. But I do miss him dearly and it's sad when I think of him. Being 50 and starting life over has had its share of ups and downs.

I've taken advantage of being a bachelor again and gotten some nice gear that I've always wanted;
Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 and Mesa Fillmore 1x12 cab
Strymon Flint
Harley Benton EX-84 (I've always wanted an Explorer shaped guitar)
And my favorite piece of gear in 2020, an EVH Wolfgang Standard. I've wanted an EVH guitar since Music Man made them. Now that Edward is no longer with us, I figure it was high time to get a Wolfgang. I love the guitar. I can't remember the last time I played a neck that was so incredibly comfortable. The fret edges feel rolled and it sounds so awesome.
feel your pain... glad there are some upsides tho!

jeff_lebowski

Have worked 4 days since March, because of covid, waiting to get shut down next week, I'm actually pretty broke, but not doing bad overall... not looking forward to this winter, but I'm sort of enjoying the isolation as a nyc bartender, it's been nice in a lot of ways, and i've had a chance to record, practice and write... all in all, I'm doing ok considering... I've had to sell a little geat, but nothing I miss too much.... would love to just play with other people.

I also work in the service industry but in the midwest and we are pretty much back to normal (not really a great thing)

I miss spending all the time with my girls and playing guitar all day long. 5 months of pure bliss I tell you.

Our industry is one interaction after another. Im not suprised we have been enjoying some time away from it!

patshep

I also work in the service industry but in the midwest and we are pretty much back to normal (not really a great thing)

I miss spending all the time with my girls and playing guitar all day long. 5 months of pure bliss I tell you.

Our industry is one interaction after another. Im not suprised we have been enjoying some time away from it!
It's great until they ask for the rent, and you make 1/4 your normal money for a year, being home has benefits, and the midwest is where I come from, but not sure if I'd return, very unhappy with how things have been going in my home state of Michigan. It's a time of craziness, and a lot of people have been selfish, and a lot of people have been really good

jeff_lebowski

It's great until they ask for the rent, and you make 1/4 your normal money for a year, being home has benefits, and the midwest is where I come from, but not sure if I'd return, very unhappy with how things have been going in my home state of Michigan. It's a time of craziness, and a lot of people have been selfish, and a lot of people have been really good

Not working made me never want to work ever again. No matter what I have to do to make it happen.

patshep

Not working made me never want to work ever again. No matter what I have to do to make it happen.
Hahahahah, I get that totally, however I"m so broke... I'm a lifer as a bartender with a good gig, I'd love to write music for film and tv, but would never want to gig to pay the bills.... I have a "Win For Life" scratchy ticket here, that's what I really want to do, live comfortably without work, imagine that after lockdown lol
being able to go places and do things and not work

Julio Iguana

The Pandemic has really been pretty good to me. New job, move, and house this summer. We are in a better place all around. Immediately shifted to working from home and never missed a beat.

Here's my practice space where I spend an hour or two each day working on chord melody arrangments of jazz standards.

nKK7e8g.jpg
Please tell me about that chair. I like that.

Julio Iguana

Once Covid started hitting hard, I quit all my bands due to my wife being immuno-compromised. I gave up a full summer worth of gigs (around 40 shows), but felt better about our general health.

To pass the time, I started producing and recoding cover tunes with other local musicians. I put up a web site and uploaded them as we went along, and now it's up to over 40 songs - many of them I recorded myself, but there are a lot of cool collabs on the site. It's certainly sharpened my producing and programming chops.

I was recently asked to join a new project with an old drummer friend of mine, and we had our first practice a couple of weeks ago and it sounded pretty good. We were supposed to have the second tonight, but the bass player didn't feel well so we figured it would be better not to take any chances.

I like your rig! That SG must sound real good through that amp.
That’s really good stuff on COVID-a-go-go. Very talented bunch of friends you have.

makeitstop

Old dude with guitars
Platinum Supporting Member
That’s really good stuff on COVID-a-go-go. Very talented bunch of friends you have.

Thanks, man! It also gives me something to do to keep me out of trouble. :)

Current tunes in the works -

'Bold As Love' by Hendrix
'4th of July' by Shooter Jennings
'Sledgehammer' by Peter Gabriel
'Boys Are Back in Town' by Thin Lizzy
'Ain't No Sunshine' by Bill Withers

and a couple more I can't remember right now. Most of the above should be live by end of the year.

'Sledgehammer' is gonna be good. A sax player friend of mine put together a 6 piece horn section for it! Sounds massive. I'm waiting on vocal tracks for it at the moment.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom