Huge Tool Fan here...upcoming 2020 tour coming to my town.

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by CanserDYI, Feb 25, 2020.

1. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Member

I almost have a heart attack because the last time they were in my town was 2005-6? I rush to the ticketmaster site to purchase tickets immediately.

For me and my wife it will cost about 400 bucks to attend....dude. Dude. Is it just me and haven't been to a "concert" in a while, just local shows and the like. But 170 bucks a ticket and 30 dollar convenience fees and what not, thats ridiculous right? Is it just me? Am i just too cheap to give my favorite band money?

I'm actually telling myself its too expensive to see guys bordering 60 stand on stage and play songs I've heard 10000 times. Its making me really depressed right now, to be frank.

Lution likes this.
  2. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

I recently passed on their Nashville show for the same reason. I saw them in the late 90s and early 2000s. I may have sprung for the tickets had I never seen them, but I have a hard time paying that much for 2 tickets for any arena show these days. What I find amazing is that the shows are still nearly selling out at those prices.

CanserDYI likes this.
  3. Goldie Glocks

Goldie Glocks Member

Having bought tickets for the Foo Fighters, Rage Against The Machine and Megadeth all within the last 2 weeks, I would say close 40% of the total cost of those 3 shows was Ticketmaster fees.

Batch likes this.
  4. B Money

B Money Member

F that. I would pass too. However, on the flip side of the coin, I can understand why artists try to squeeze every penny they can out of a live performance since revenue from album sales no longer exists, and streaming royalties are a joke.

Trotter and PdL like this.
  5. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Member

That and this album literally took 13 years to write, record, get set up for an actual tour and paying roadies and all the light show people and the screens for their video productions, I get its a lot, I do. But man, thats a lot for a box set CD discography with tangible items to keep and listen to over and over again, Thats a FORTUNE for a concert....

6. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

Just saw them in Fresno last month. They are playing several new songs, so no. It won't just be songs you've seen them play. Also, there are cheaper tickets available. But yes, Ticketmaster fees are insane.

It was a great show BTW.

7. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Member

Cheapest ticket available at my Sporting Center here is 162 bucks. How much did you pay?

8. NashSG

NashSG Member

I'd think you would have more fun spending $25 bucks or less to see a good stoner rock or psych rock band in a club and spend the rest on booze and drugs than $400 on a pair of tickets to Tool.

9. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Member

I think that was kinda the point of the thread bud, lol. Pissed that my favorite band of all time finally comes back to my ****** little town and no one can afford it. Sucks. So yeah, the night will probably be spent face first into my bong watching live videos on youtube.

10. Boston617

Boston617 Member

Which venue?

11. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Member

Huntington Center in Toledo.

12. Boston617

Boston617 Member

$152 and $97 via the venue's website, plus fees.
    General onsale is Friday, February 28 at 10AM.
    Get on there right at 10AM and you have a decent shot of getting the $97 seats, which after fees, will probably be around $115-$120.
    I know it isn't much of a deal for nosebleeds, but you'd still be saving over a hundred bucks for a pair of tickets.

13. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

My seat was about $100 plus charges. I didn't buy it, so I don't know for sure. I do know the cheapest seat was $49+ and Fresno State University's arena is not large.

14. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

Tickets for that show aren't on sale yet, where are you getting your prices?

15. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

And checking tickets in Oregon there are some available for $82+

16. CanserDYI

CanserDYI Member

The Huntington Center website and it links to two places StubHub and Ticketmaster and ticketmaster yesterday did say prices on there, for some reason its not today? Maybe I am incorrect, ...and unfortunately not on that side of the country.

17. chrisr777

chrisr777 Member

They were just added to Sonic Temple and single day tickets for that are $89+.

Check this site when tickets are on sale. Face value tickets.

https://cashortrade.org/tool-tickets/

18. Coli

Coli Supporting Member

Seen them 4 times this yr-
    Ranged from 85 to 116

With the HD graphics/ huge screens/ lasers- I just wanted to get in the place. All shows were worth it - the t shirt lines and beer lines sucked, but damn what an experience.

Batch, CanserDYI and chrisr777 like this.
  19. ZeyerGTR

ZeyerGTR Member

I'd love to see Tool live, but out of my price range (especially after Ticketmaster fees, parking and beer). Plenty of options for seeing great music for much less, but I'm sure it'd be an awesome show. If they can charge it and still sell out, more power to 'em. I'm glad bands like Tool can get out there and fill arenas regardless whether or not I go.

Jazzmaster60 likes this.
  20. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

It's not the band.

I saw them 2 weeks ago and paid $180AUD for the best available seats.

Jazzmaster60 likes this.