• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Hughes And Kettner Pedals / Remote Switch

ArtDecade

I have a Tube Factor that I would like to leave back with the amp. It has a remote switch for a TRS pedal to switch it on/off and between the two gain stages. I don't really want to buy the H&K remote switch because it is fifty bucks and I see a lot of generic pedals out there for less than half that. For example, two button Marshall replacement pedals for channels and reverb. Would it be safe to assume that any two button TRS pedal will work as long as it is latching? Oddly enough I don't have one around to test it out. Thanks!

FracStrat

Silver Supporting Member
No
…… Got to know more …… Two button Latching may still have extra stuff in there ……Diodes , Resistors , LED's you can see as indicators or ones you don't see as pseudo resistors .. lot's of control pedals are talking to ICs in an amp / effect ……Best to dig a bit deeper into what you need

ArtDecade

No
…… Got to know more …… Two button Latching may still have extra stuff in there ……Diodes , Resistors , LED's you can see as indicators or ones you don't see as pseudo resistors .. lot's of control pedals are talking to ICs in an amp / effect ……Best to dig a bit deeper into what you need
All the manual says is: "Use this jack to operate the unit remotely. Tip=Gain 1/2, Ring =On/Off"

There is no recommended footswitch or additional information.

DaveKS

All the manual says is: "Use this jack to operate the unit remotely. Tip=Gain 1/2, Ring =On/Off"

There is no recommended footswitch or additional information.
This would make me think it's a dual latching type footswitch.

But being a unknown, the boss FS-7 seems a perfect choice. It can function as latching or a momentary. It will work one way or the other. It can do the the A/B chan switching either way, through 2 mono cables or a TRS.

Oinkus

I have chased this rabbit quite a lot having 2 HK Tubemeisters. Bought the switch and it died a couple years later. I went and bought them from the switchdoctor for 40 bucks , way better should last forever. this is what I got from H&K

Trending Topics