• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hum/buzz coming from n3 noisless pups

LBCwannabe

About a year ago i picked up an american deluxe tele and i was playing it through my mini recto when i noticed that if i take my hand off of the strings ther was a subtile background hum. The hum goes away when i touch any part of the guitar that is metal.

The hum is not as bad as my std strat, but it is still there. If i unplug the guitar from the amp, the amp is dead silent.

If i touch a metal part of the amp with the guitar plugged in the hum goes away. The guitar makes the same noise on my ipad and macbook.

If i turn down the tone knob it goes away.

Do you think this could be a patch cable problem? It seems like improper grounding, but could this be caused by a cable? I dont have spare atm but it should be here monday.

Thx for the help!

Xlch721

I just rewired and replaced the pickups on my 08 Strat and had the same thing happen. I replaced the stock pickups with a Dimarzio Area set because the stock ones made all kinds of noise and it drove me crazy. I replaced the pots and switch with a ToneShaper unit noise was still there. In the end it turned to be a bad solder joint on the ground wire in the pickup cavity. I was even able to put the stock pickups back in with almost no noise at all after repairing the ground wire. On a side note if you have any kind of dimmer switches in the area that you play in you will still pickup noise from them. I replaced my light switches in my practice area and now everything is dead silent with the Dimarzio pickups.

lp144

Silver Supporting Member
I had the same noise withe hands off the strings on an LP - the noise came from unshielded wire going from the volume pots to switch and out to the jack.

Shielded wire eliminated the noise.

Trending Topics