• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

HUM have a new album – “Inlet”

Beyondless

When these guys split after DIH, I rememeber them saying they couldn't come up with any material that they felt was worth recording /releasing, so why bother, but didn't rule out recording in the (future).
Glad they waited until they had the material and I'm glad to still be around to experience it.
They really delivered with this :phones
I don't know why but I didn't expect it to be this heavy and I love the decision to keep the riffs forward in the mix with the twinkly guitar stuff floating out there in space. It's perfect.
Tim Lash is a beautiful alien.

stilwel

Silver Supporting Member
On the sludgey down-tuned stuff, I can hear how much they influenced bands like Spotlights.

Check them out if you haven't heard them...

Last edited:

I R P

Cool... saw them at the Metro in Chicago back in the day. You'd Prefer an Astronaut is one of the few albums from that era that didn't age poorly, IMO.

Jason Calieri

Silver Supporting Member
Always loved bands like Shiner, Failure, Helmet, etc., but could never get into Hum. THIS album, though, is outstanding. I’m loving all the ambient guitar stuff. I think that really makes the album. Talbot’s vocals - always the weak point in the past - are much stronger here too.

mapleneck72

I didn't like DIH but the new album is a nice surprise.
Shapeshifter, Folding, and Step into You are great songs.
I got to see Hum and Failure separately in the 90's but I would have loved to have seen both bands on the same bill.

leftyaxeslinger

Silver Supporting Member
Always loved bands like Shiner, Failure, Helmet, etc., but could never get into Hum. THIS album, though, is outstanding. I’m loving all the ambient guitar stuff. I think that really makes the album. Talbot’s vocals - always the weak point in the past - are much stronger here too.
My thoughts exactly. This album is really connecting with me. Current fave is Desert Rambler.

critter74

Silver Supporting Member
I lobe HUM- I have since Electra 2000 first came out. But I';m not yet feeling Inlet. Its not as hooky as I expect from HUM and there is m ore CHUG without the soaring awesome changes and melodies. No "Isle of the Cheetah", "If You Are To Bloom", "Apollo", "The Pod", etc.

I'm going to give it a 3rd listen but at this moment I will be surprised if it makes it into my regular HUM listening rotation.

With that said, I'm still very happy they are back. Even if only for 1 album.

orangekick

Supporting Member
Multiple listens reveal so much going on in the mix. Sure, it's a little different from their older work. I love it and will continue to listen to it in regular rotation. It's a beautiful album.

Stravinsky

Silver Supporting Member
I lobe HUM- I have since Electra 2000 first came out. But I';m not yet feeling Inlet. Its not as hooky as I expect from HUM and there is m ore CHUG without the soaring awesome changes and melodies. No "Isle of the Cheetah", "If You Are To Bloom", "Apollo", "The Pod", etc.

I'm going to give it a 3rd listen but at this moment I will be surprised if it makes it into my regular HUM listening rotation.

With that said, I'm still very happy they are back. Even if only for 1 album.
Completely respect your opinion, but this album is loaded with hooks. :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom