Humbucker questions

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
Hi:
Which humucker can get the AIC Them bones-We Die Young tones?
On a Strat...

Also, has anyone tried the Barenuckle Rebel Yell Humbucker?

I am using a Suhr in my strat and i want to try something different.

Input please..

Jason_77

Awesome! You're pretty much most of the way there. I'm pretty sure Jerry was using a Duncan JB in his Rampage at the time.

Elduderino73

Well, one thing to also consider is: studio production. How many times was the guitar track layered? What brand EQ, compressor, preamps, etc. were used in the studio? What frequencies on the guitar tracks were boosted and which were cut? Which studio toys contributed to that sound? You could have Jerry's actual rig from the actual days he recorded those songs and not come close to sounding just like Jerry. Only Jerry's gonna sound just like Jerry, but I get the point of your question.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member
Well, one thing to also consider is: studio production. How many times was the guitar track layered? What brand EQ, compressor, preamps, etc. were used in the studio? What frequencies on the guitar tracks were boosted and which were cut? Which studio toys contributed to that sound? You could have Jerry's actual rig from the actual days he recorded those songs and not come close to sounding just like Jerry. Only Jerry's gonna sound just like Jerry, but I get the point of your question.
i don't want to sound like him, just an approximation of the sound.
I already received a response from BK and they say the HB they recommend is the Holy Diver.

JiMB

Look into Motor City Pickups-Afwayu. I think he's using those in most of his Les Paul's now.

JiMB

thank you, and what does he use in the strat?
I found this on Rig Talk:
"Jerry has been using a custom Afwayu in his G&L's since at least 2009 I believe so naturally that's what I've been leaning toward (and is what Wade recommended)."

Wade is the Motor City Pickup winder. Looks like Jerry uses them in the G & L's, also. I read about him using them in his LP's on RT as well.

Trending Topics