• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Humbucker replacement for Gibson 1969 SG Custom

muddyblues45

Silver Supporting Member
Hi all,
I just bought a Vintage '69 Gibson Custom SG. The neck and bridge pickups are original but the middle was replaced in the 70s with a Dimarzio. I love the original pickups and was wondering what would be a good replacement for the middle pickup that would get very close to the original pickup sound. Would a SD antiquity be ideal? THanks! Here is a pic of the neck pickup:

larimar

+1 on gathering spec' info. You might try both of the stock pups in the middle, decide which one you like there and have someone wind you something similar.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Usually you don't get the middle pu alone with the stock switching. Has the guitar been modifed?

sixty2strat

I look for a pat sticker t-top. Great pickups and a guitar like that should be restored to stock as it's a pretty simple deal. 200-300 maybe less as I got one for a 100 last year from a drummer on CL

muddyblues45

Silver Supporting Member
After doing some research I realized that the SG I bought is in fact a standard that was converted to three pickups...so I'd rather go just getting rid the middle Dimarzio pickup (which gets in the way of my fingerstyle strumming anyway) and buying a vintage 2-slot pickguard.

NEW THREAD TIME~

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom