Humbucker spacing for a Telecaster?

cjp54

I'm building a guitar with a telecaster bridge and noticed that the Seymour Duncan JB I'd like to put in this build in the bridge position is narrower than the string spacing for the Telecaster Bridge. Is there a pickup that has the correct spacing for the Tele bridge or do I have to live with the narrow spacing?

cjp54

The aesthetics are not a concern at all as long as it performs. I'm still painting it so I don't have it together yet to try it out. Who makes the Trembucker and F-Spaced pickups. I couldn't find the F-Space on Dimarzion or Duncan. I did see the Trembucker though.

LTigh

^ F-Spaced and Trembucker are pretty much synonymous-- Trembucker is the term used by Seymour Duncan and F-spaced is a bit more generic, standing for either Fender or Floyd-spaced, and DiMarzio tends to use that term.

For Seymour Duncan, look for pickups labeled "Trembucker" or "TB." ex: Nazgul Trembucker, TB-4 (JB), TB-59 ('59).

For DiMarzio, look for pickups with the "F" suffix, or dealers will specify that the pickup is F-spaced.

EADGBE

F spaced means Fender or Floyd Rose spaced. Trembucker means the exact same thing. For a Tele I'd recommend the JB Trembucker TB-4. In my opinion the properly spaced pickups sound better. There's no volume drop outs.

Mincer

You have to measure your string spacing: a Trembucker is used with a string spacing of 2.070″ or 52.6mm, measured center of high string to center of low string over the bridge pickup. A humbucker is used with a string spacing of 1.930″ or 49mm, measured center of high string to center of low string over the bridge pickup.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom