Humbuckers: Duncan Alnico Pro II vs Gibson Classic 57

Troubleman

Chime in on which is your favorite and why... and conversely why you dislike the other

Gracias!

jb

jamison162

I vote for the Duncans. The 57's are too, well, dull soundiing to me. The AII Pro's are basically potted versions of the Seth Lovers. The Seth's sound awesome but just a tad too thin and bright for my taste. The AII Pro's are the next step up...a little warmer and thicker sounding.

MetalHeadd

I love the alnico II pro as a neck bucker. I have one in my les paul and it just sings. Warm, thick, smooth...sounds fantastic clean or dirty.

I find them livelier than the 57's.

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
I don't have the alnico pro II, but do have Seth's in my Hamer Special FM and love the tone. My R8 had '57 classics and I just put in a set of Lollar Imperials. The '57's seemed to be brighter, crunch more with less note seperation and have more of a top end bite. I know they're in different guitars but the Seth's have a better balance with more clarity.

jamison162

Seth's have a lot of clarity. Like I said before, I found them just a little too thin and bright on the high end but really like the AII Pro's.

Trending Topics