Humphrey Audio

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tuberoast, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Tuberoast

Tuberoast Supporting Member

I bought a Badder Monkey on ebay a week ago. Instant payment and have yet to hear anything from this company. Anyone have any experience with this company?

2. knn123

knn123 Member

There has to be a Ebay or Paypal mistake here. Did you order from him on Ebay or from someone else that is selling his pedal. I just order from him two days ago and got it today. Talked with him a few times and he is the nicest person to talk to plus he is a gentlemen. If the error is somehow on his part, he well make it right and allot more.. Plus his Bad Monkey mod is really great.. Been playing it all morning..
    Ken

3. humphreyaudio

humphreyaudio Member

Hi,

Mark H from Humphrey Audio here.

I don't normally post on boards, just a reader usually. I'm the owner/moderator of the RIGTIPS group on Yahoo, and I get enough over there. LOL!

I received several emails from customers regarding your post on here, so thought I'd better make an appearance.
    I'm sorry to hear you haven't received you pedal yet. Keep me posted please. Contact me through the Ebay mail and give me your shipping address. I'll provide the tracking info. also I'll send another one out if it doesn't show in a few days.

Regarding Humphrey shipments, ETC.
    I try to ship items ASAP, and usually this is the case but because of the different mods offered including BASS guitar specific mods on many pedals, I sometimes do not keep a large stock of pre-modded pedals on hand, and mod-to-order.

SHIPPING: My ebay is supposed to be set up to automatically notify you when the postage is printed and the item has shipped, but sometimes it just doesn't. :horse <EBAY

My son and I do all the modding and repairs by hand, one at a time. We handle eBay sales to the tune of between 5-40 pedals a day, but we also specialize in customer mods for those who send us theirs to be worked on. We also serve a list of clients in the top end of the music industry who send us all sorts of items to us, buy lots from our inventory, and have us do special tweaks to pedals for them. This is where I got my start after semi-retireing (Yeah, RIGHT!) from the music industry a few years ago
    Anyway, We swing 24 hours a day here between 2 of us. The quality we put out there is well worth it to us.

We offer a lifetime guarantee and warranty. We repair or replace items for free. That's our policy. Also, If Your pedal doesn't show, I send you another one and take the responsibility of finding the lost item. I don't leave my customer hanging because I lose an item out there somewhere.

I also offer a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like the pedal for ANY reason. I don't want customers strapped to pedals they can't use.
    That's not what I'm about, and re-selling is never a problem anyway, so everybody wins.

In closing, I'm a 25 year veteran professional musician versed in all styles of music from hot Country, Blues, Hard rock and Metal, etc., who has waded through miles of crappy pedals before I started modding and repairing 15 years ago. I feel like I'm the guy you WANT doing your pedals because i have total HANDS-ON experience and a special understanding of customer needs.

Contact info:

5humphrey@charter.net
    308-440-1409

Thanks,

MH

4. epluribus

epluribus Member

...and a right stern taskmaster at that, meboy! Arrrr!

S'happenin' Hump? Nice ta see ya out and about...

--Ray

5. humphreyaudio

humphreyaudio Member

AYYY!

Nice running into another satisfied customer AND good friend!
    I've been hanging out here a little and just reading lately. LOVE the Gear Page for sure!

Truthfully, I just wanted to post something so I could us that 'Beatin' the Dead Horse' thingy.
    Is that COOL or WHAT!!

MH

6. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    +1 on Humphrey Audio, I bought a MT-2 Slo-Diezel mod, killer pedal now that Humphrey got their hands on it!

TheGrooveking

7. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Hey Groove,
    Bringing this post back to life for a question (also PM'ed you!).

Given my recent discovery of the Humphrey CS-3, which is the finest compressor for my needs that I've found yet, I am very curious about the Humphrey MT-2. I have a need for a higher gain pedal and the reviews on his mod are extremely good and they describe what I am looking for. I know it's just a lowly MT-2, but hey, his CS-3 blew away the "boutiques" I've owned.

Can you provide some insight into your Humphrey-modded MT-2?
    Thanks in advance!
    -bk

8. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Bump for the SLO-D MT-2....anyone got any experience with this mod?

9. birv2

birv2 Member

I'm always puzzled why Keeley and Analogman get all the press, and Mark Humphrey gets hardly any mention. Not that the first 2 aren't good, but Mark does an amazing job, offers fantastic service (including that lifetime guarantee he mentions!), and really knows music and musicians.

I have a TS9DX that he made into a different pedal, 4 really, since every mode has its own distinct character, unlike the stock pedal.

Not an employee of the company, just a satisfied customer!

Bob in Lancaster, PA

10. epluribus

epluribus Member

Just posted an MT-2 review in a new thread. Opinions welcome as always.

--Ray