HX Stomp is awesome!!

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
I've used my Helix with my MPM2 12HD at a few gigs, worked out pretty well. Haven't used the HXS with it yet though.
Cool, that's what I have (HD12) - how did you hook it up? Any specific settings that worked well?

I had a Helix (twice) - just too much stuff - the Stomp seems like a good fit for what I need. If the Quilter can amplify it it solves another problem for me.

I really like my Stomp too. Still battling with the built in cabs vs IRs though but am persisting as it’d be nice to have everything in the box and not rely on 3rd party stuff. Plus I’m already spending too much time messing with IR auditioning rather than just playing. Placater Dirty into the GB25 cab gets me pretty close to where I want to be, tbh.

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
The 2.8 update may have addressed that... I recall seeing something about how you can make some parameter changes that override Snapshot parameters.
Nope, you can have a block’s bypass state be unchanged by a snapshot change (ie you have your 3 snaps and FS4 is an OD which you may or may not want on, depending on the moment) but not a parameter.

FWIW on the earlier thing re: trails, mine are all on but I still get a hard drop from big ambient swell back to a less washy snapshot. I think it’s cause my delay goes from 70 to 50% feedback and a little lower mix, and reverb mix also goes way down. In any case the swell does not naturally fade out when I switch, which is a bummer and a problem with some P&W style songs we play. I reorganized back into stomp mode on one of my presets today trying to find a work around.

Pat6969

I really like my Stomp too. Still battling with the built in cabs vs IRs though but am persisting as it’d be nice to have everything in the box and not rely on 3rd party stuff. Plus I’m already spending too much time messing with IR auditioning rather than just playing. Placater Dirty into the GB25 cab gets me pretty close to where I want to be, tbh.

I found being away from modelling for a bit has enlightened me. I've been playing through a real tube amp for a bit and after I loaded the BE100 with the GB25/121, I was right where I wanted to be. Only had to adjust the mic distance to 5.5 and bam!

I found being away from modelling for a bit has enlightened me. I've been playing through a real tube amp for a bit and after I loaded the BE100 with the GB25/121, I was right where I wanted to be. Only had to adjust the mic distance to 5.5 and bam!

Yeah, I’m going to remove all my IRs from the Stomp and spend a bit of time with the stock cabs.

mikah912

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I’m going to remove all my IRs from the Stomp and spend a bit of time with the stock cabs.

The Blackback 30 fulfills almost all of my needs across all patches. I mic it with the PR30 and or 160 and go with the 80hz/8K new low/hi cut defaults. For the sake of variety, I sprinkle in the Matchless H30/M25 from time to time along with the Bogner V30/T75.

Those cabs with the right mic get it done for almost any genre.

When I first plugged it in I spent a good amount of time on the Jason Sadites Placater preset, I’m gonna revisit that with the new shelf EQ to tighten and brighten things up a bit.

Guitardave

Silver Supporting Member
Aren't they all... ;)

Jive beat you too it...

390ard.jpg

Yeah, I mostly went back to using tube combo amps and my analog drive pedals for my gig stuff. But every I time I use the Stomp amp models I'm impressed at how great they sound.

+1 on using the mic distance. I really like it for getting the right bass response quickly.

CjRuckus

HX stomp is the best piece of gear I've gotten in a long time. It has saved me a lot of money as well as given my band a great option when rehearsing. We no longer need to rent a loud room and lose time with set up and tear down. We have a pair of FRFRs small bass amp and electronic drums in a member's spare room and we can practice at home for free.

Plus gigging wise my work flow is a lot better because I don't need to be chasing tones in a room I've never played. Hx stomp keeps everything consistent and organized. I love it. Haven't gigged with a live amp since march.

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
Have you tried the Kemper Stage?

The Kemper stage seems more similar to the full on Helix than the HX Stomp. I wasn't looking for a large, all-in-one modeler. I was looking for something small which would fit on a small pedalboard with a few other pedals and the HX Stomp definitely fits the bill.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
The Kemper stage seems more similar to the full on Helix than the HX Stomp. I wasn't looking for a large, all-in-one modeler. I was looking for something small which would fit on a small pedalboard with a few other pedals and the HX Stomp definitely fits the bill.
I'm aware of this already :D

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
things are just starting to be better for me and my family, and I Was hoping to find something small and "cheap" that really gets good sounds. The best thing I ever owned was an AX8 over all, with the original Amplifire a close 2nd, for me anyway.

Does this stomp really belong in this category? I really only need the Leon Todd 80's patch sound to be happy..

dmock66

things are just starting to be better for me and my family, and I Was hoping to find something small and "cheap" that really gets good sounds. The best thing I ever owned was an AX8 over all, with the original Amplifire a close 2nd, for me anyway.

Does this stomp really belong in this category? I really only need the Leon Todd 80's patch sound to be happy..

I haven't played anything Fractal - but I did gig the AA3 for a few years - the Stomp gives me all the tones I could ask for.

Glad things are improving for you!

Top Bottom