HX Stomp is awesome!!

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
I haven't played anything Fractal - but I did gig the AA3 for a few years - the Stomp gives me all the tones I could ask for.

Glad things are improving for you!

thanks brother. been like dominos falling, just one thing after another..

trying to get something to make a little noise with, get my mind right..

Places like ZZounds with the payment option is gonna be my only chance, and would like something "comparable" to the "big names"..ya know?

Watt McCo

things are just starting to be better for me and my family, and I Was hoping to find something small and "cheap" that really gets good sounds. The best thing I ever owned was an AX8 over all, with the original Amplifire a close 2nd, for me anyway.

Does this stomp really belong in this category? I really only need the Leon Todd 80's patch sound to be happy..
If all you need is a single great hair-mrtal patch, go Atomic

Pantalooj

Snapshots let you assign various block and/or parameter changes to one switch. With a snapshot you might increase your amp gain, turn on a modulation effect, and increase delay feedback all in one press, for example. For 3 buttons, clean, crunch, and lead tones seem like a popular way to do it.

To max out your 6 blocks:
-Use amp gain set to toggle up with a footswitch instead of a low gain OD
-Use an amp+cab instead of a block for each. It’s no different than mic’ing your favorite combo amp anyways. Dual cabs or IRs may be fun but in a mix it’s all moot
-Use the output level assigned to a footswitch (or snapshot) to be a clean boost.

If you want 5 switches you can attach a 2 button aux via TRS cable.

It’s a powerful little box.

Is the amp gain toggling with footswitch only possible with a snapshot? Or can a footswitch be used to do that when in stomp mode?

FlyingsCool

One other note - adding the outboard 2 switch pedal to increase to 5 footswitches pushed it over the top. I have the LT also - but could be quite happy with the Stomp rig I have.
What two button switch? What do you use it for?
(I finally picked one up for times when I don't want to set up my full Helix)(there's a crazy thought, huh? :rotflmao)

Last edited:

kdm1218

Silver Supporting Member
Is the amp gain toggling with footswitch only possible with a snapshot? Or can a footswitch be used to do that when in stomp mode?
You can assign it to a footswitch in stomp mode too. Any parameter, as far as I know. Not sure if there is a limit to how many things you can assign in stomp mode, but for example I have:
FS1 ups delay feedback, mix, and adds a second delay.
FS2 ups reverb mix and delay
FS3 Tap/tuner
FS4 amp drive
FS5 output level as a clean boost

Pantalooj

You can assign it to a footswitch in stomp mode too. Any parameter, as far as I know. Not sure if there is a limit to how many things you can assign in stomp mode, but for example I have:
FS1 ups delay feedback, mix, and adds a second delay.
FS2 ups reverb mix and delay
FS3 Tap/tuner
FS4 amp drive
FS5 output level as a clean boost

Cool. I thought Stomp mode was just toggling a block on/off rather than a parameter

-Empire

yep footswitches in stomp mode are controllers just like an expression pedal, snapshots, or midi

you can assign multiple things to one footswitch, for example I have footswitch 2 set up to turn the reverb mix and decay up and down. You could add a block bypass to that too, or any number of additional parameters

Check out this video from @-Empire

thanks for the shout out

What two button switch? What do you use it for?
(I finally picked one up for times when I don't want to set up my full Helix)(there's a crazy thought, huh? :rotflmao)

most of my presets are set up like this for live use
  1. Amp drive up/down
  2. Reverb mix/decay up/down
  3. Misc effect
  4. Delay on/off
  5. Clean boost
My video that was shared above shows how I set it up

Tried the new plugins from Neural DSP (Archetype Nolly) and STL Tones (Tonality: Andy James) today. Despite all the hype surrounding these plugins, I deleted both after a couple of minutes, still prefer the Helix' SLO and Revv models for high gain. Also I finally tried the HX Stomp's ability to act as a USB audio interface. I've now set it up as input device in Logic with my Quantum 2 as output device. Had some strange hiccups in the first couple of minutes but now it seems to work like a charm.

I love my HX Stomp.

Top Bottom