• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

HX Stomp XL?

Ggroove

Gold Supporting Member
Oh for love of god, never never never preorder anything from Prymaxe. I preordered a rather expensive Boss effects pedal from them when they told me they would have stock in a few weeks. 3 months later, I was still waiting with no reliable ETA. When I asked to cancel the preorder, their store manager Fazil kept telling me I could only get store credit due to their “policy”. I basically had to do a credit card chargeback before they “refunded” my money back.
I had very similar experience waiting for my Pod Go. I waited about 2 months for their restock order to arrive. Fazil gave me vague information when I would email about updates. I found it odd that they had no specific timeline as to when their shipment was going to arrive. The only reason I didn’t cancel my order was the excellent promo. I paid $360 out the door with the discount, free shipping, and no sales tax. Not sure if I do it again though. It was a frustrating wait, and their customer service was pretty meh.

Dr. Chang

I had very similar experience waiting for my Pod Go. I waited about 2 months for their restock order to arrive. Fazil gave me vague information when I would email about updates. I found it odd that they had no specific timeline as to when their shipment was going to arrive. The only reason I didn’t cancel my order was the excellent promo. I paid $360 out the door with the discount, free shipping, and no sales tax. Not sure if I do it again though. It was a frustrating wait, and their customer service was pretty meh.
Honestly, I don't mind buying from them goods that they have in stock. I just wouldn't ever preorder anything from them they can't instantly ship, given my experience.

mysticaxe

As an owner of an HX Stomp for a couple years now, I would have hands-down bought the XL had it been available at the time. It solves 1 of my 2 biggest complaints (or maybe more accurately, limitations/restrictions/annoyances) of the HX Stomp. I have an external footswitch that helps, but haven't dived into the MIDI realm (still have some scars from programming an old Behringer with an original Axe-FX standard many years ago). Extra footswitches would be really helpful. The ability to have a few footswitches as snapshot and a few as stomp would be gravy.

The issue is doesn't solve is that I run out of memory if I try dual amp setups and more than a couple effects. I understand the DSP concerns, and have more or less worked around this.

These two issues lead me to highly recommend my brother buy the LT when he was on the market for this type of product around Black Friday. I have toyed with the idea of picking up an LT and integrating my Stomp into my tube rig as a multi-effects box. COVID has delayed that plan, and I am curious to see if Line 6 refreshes the LT product to bring it inline with what I am looking for.

DI is right on the money - something doesn't have to be "innovative" to be a useful and successful product. This slots very nicely into that model. The company listened to their customers, saw a gap in the market (something between the compact HX Stomp/Fractal FM3) and the full sized products (the bigger Helix products and their direct competitors). It is a very gratifying (and expensive) time to be a guitar player as there are sooooo many new toys I want to try and not enough time or money to give them each their fair shake!

Backsnack

Here’s a convincing case for people keeping their Morningstar controller + HX Stomp setups instead of springing for the XL.

Last edited:

Baba

Silver Supporting Member
Im a huge Stomp fan, but sorry that looks propa sh1t
I dunno, it’s fine, in my opinion, and honestly, I don’t know how I would lay it out any differently. It is form and function over beauty, and honestly, almost NONE of their devices have their screens in the middle, so, Im fine with it.

thirsty one

Silver Supporting Member
I sold my stomp to help fund a trade because I want this rather than the stomp. I want to buy one from someone who for whatever reason is not happy with his purchase. I can wait.

mousepunk

Here’s a convincing case for people keeping their Morningstar controller + HX Stomp setups instead of springing for the XL.

Yes, the MC6 with the new update really unleashes functionality of any midi controllable pedal! HX Stomp with it is a beast.

Evilution

They apparently "stole" that idea from Boss, my Boss GT-Pro from 2005 has that function, its called the Wave pedal. Very useful, you can modulate almost any parameter, i have used it to modulate the built in synth sound for example, this function should be in every modeler in my opnion, i think Boss has it in the GT 1000 as well.

Backsnack

They apparently "stole" that idea from Boss, my Boss GT-Pro from 2005 has that function, its called the Wave pedal. Very useful, you can modulate almost any parameter, i have used it to modulate the built in synth sound for example, this function should be in every modeler in my opnion, i think Boss has it in the GT 1000 as well.
It’s not particularly unique, it’s essentially an LFO. So Boss probably “stole” it from modular synths. ;)

Regardless of where it came from, it would be an amazing feature and can turn simple or basic effects into much more complex ones that sound like boutique effects.

Evilution

It’s not particularly unique, it’s essentially an LFO. So Boss probably “stole” it from modular synths. ;)

Regardless of where it came from, it would be an amazing feature and can turn simple or basic effects into much more complex ones that sound like boutique effects.
Sure, but i believe Boss used it first in the guitar effect modeling world and the Wave pedal can as i said modulate pretty much anything where a traditional LFO on a synth perhaps is more limited (not an expert on synths). The way i used the wave pedal in the Boss was like how you would use the LFO in a synth so it wasnt the best exemple, but you can modulate a volume control to create a tremolo effect and you could modulate the gain control or whatever, you can do all kinds of crazy experimental stuff with this wave pedal function. Boss/Roland of course has a long background in synths which may have sparked the idea to use it for guitar effects as well.

steviek19

I wonder if you'll have to hit bank up and down at the same time to go from presets to snapshots. Like on the HX Effects. That's partly why I sold my HXFX.

phil_m

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Gold Supporting Member
I wonder if you'll have to hit bank up and down at the same time to go from presets to snapshots. Like on the HX Effects. That's partly why I sold my HXFX.
I believe it’s going to be the same as the POD Go, which is similar to the HX Effects, except for one key difference. If you set the Snapshot Mode setting to Manual Return, you’ll stay in Snapshot Mode even if you change presets and even through power cycles (in the HX Effects, this doesn’t happen). So you have to enter Snapshot Mode once by hitting the Bank Up and Down switches together, but then that’s all you have to do. You can use the Mode footswitch to change between Stomp and Snapshot Modes. If you hit the Bank Up or Down footswitch, you’ll temporarily be taken to Preset Mode where you can select a new preset. But then you’ll go back to either Stomp or Snapshot Mode.

germs

i'm sure it's been said already in 32 pages - but:

i would have thought that L6 might have been more interested in launching a branded MIDI controller in the Helix ecosystem - should have been easy given how big of a company Yamaha is. would have been surprising if they didn't already have one somewhere in-house...drop that into HX Edit for programming...oh, what could have been!

Trending Topics