• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Hybdrid tube amp / loadbox IR / native setup

Guitarjon

Hey everyone,

I thought some of you might find this interesting or handy! It's basically a walkthrough of my setup when I'm working with tube amps. I tend to usually use my amps with my Fractal Audio LB-2 loadbox and OH IR's rather than using real cabs, so this could offer some insight on getting killer direct tube amp tones with an authentic sound!

Now, of course I also use modelers but the setups for those are too simple haha. I just plug into the front and and the signal goes into my PC via usb for recording and into my small Yamaha mixer, where I have everything connected including my Adam A77X monitors. So the tube amp setup is a little bit more complex but still quite basic and very effective. My Axe Fx III and Helix Native also add a lot of flexibilty to my sounds.

Anyway, enough banter. Here's the video:

Trending Topics