Hypocritical Pats fans.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Droptopandy, May 7, 2015.

1. Droptopandy

Droptopandy Supporting Member

Deflate gate for me at least is bringing back one HUGE point, and it's a point EVERY Pats fan made at one time or another. And without it you don't win your first ring. Remember the "tuck" rule? Just about the worst call I've ever seen....but it was a rule. Sure we didn't like the rule, but it was a RULE. Every Pats fan repeated that over and over and over and over. You don't like the rule tough. That's what we all heard.

Well guess what? Same thing applies here. Letting air out of the balls is violating a rule. You think it's no big deal? You don't like the rule. TOUGH! You live by the rule. You benefited from a rule before and now you can suffer from one.

So we had spy gate, which yes, they were busted. Deflate Gate. What else have they gotten away with up to this point? Makes you wonder.

Hope Brady gets at least 2 games.

2. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

gaaaaahhhhhhhhhllhhllhgglglderf
    [​IMG]

3. Calaban

Calaban Member

You football fans sure do get whacked out on this stuff. I don't follow football so it's just an observation. You're clearly passionate about this game.

I did see a graph today which showed the top cheaters in the NFL. The Pats weren't even in the top 5.

4. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

The whine fest is nauseating all the way around. It would be cool to see Goodell suspend him for lots of games or thecseason but there's a gonad deficiency in the NFL Commr's office.

5. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

it's misdirected passion. anyone who played youth sports should have been taught sportsmanship and how to lose. a big part of sportsman ship is not pointing fingers at other people's poor sportsmanship. You do the best with the hand you are dealt. the game is over when the whistle blows, then it's time to prepare for the next game.
    now i understand not all sports fans were at one time athletes, but I feel like it's something everyone should understand if they want to be a fan of sports.

6. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Cool. Does that mean everyone's gonna stfu about the tuck rule now, finally?

:beer

7. jhc

jhc Senior Member

oh good, another thread on this.

8. bonegrubber

bonegrubber Supporting Member

Clearly, all Pats balls are Pitch Corrected.

------Accept no substitute-----

9. bgh

bgh Supporting Member

The Red Sox could certainly use those kind of baseballs about now.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  10. CC Overdrive

CC Overdrive Member

Ugh. The whining and bitching and crying is unbelievable.

11. taez555

taez555 Member

I wish Tom Brady's name could have been Tom Water, and instead of deflating footballs he could have been found guilty of diverting the Water Supply from Los Angles at a hotel called Water while drinking water with a conspirator named Aqua Water Water.

12. Jd3

Jd3 Member

i have no doubt that every NFL qb has a preference on inflation pressure ... some like it harder or softer. I also don't doubt Brady makes his preference known to the ball dudes: "hey, the rules say it can be 12.5 to 13.5 lbs of pressure, make sure mine is at 12.5" ....

It gets set to 12.5 ... and then over a 4 hour period as temps drop it goes into the 'illegal' zone ... I have no inside knowledge, but it could easily happen that way.

And the Pats only beat Indy by over 30 points ... close game! I'm sure the ball inflation was the 'big swinger' in that win ;)

13. skip

skip Member

every patriot fan is like a broken record
    so what
    everyone does it
    we don't need to cheat
    we would win anyway
    im glad they cheated
    etc....
    dirtiest sports franchise ever

14. jaycee

jaycee Member

There must be a new crack epidemic raging.

15. dirk_benedict

dirk_benedict Supporting Member

Point is fair, but using the NFL to demonstrate sportsmanship is like calling a strip club a form of ballet.

16. habanaerosmith

habanaerosmith Member

Unless you propose stripping the championship, the rest is just an asterisk.

I'm not saying they didn't break the rule. Maybe they did.

But in the final analysis, if they aren't stripped of the ring, what is the point of a token suspension? IMHO, if anything it reinforces that cheating in the NFL is worth the risk.

Ask yourselves: if you knew you could gain a considerable advantage by cheating, and the worst case scenario on the downside would be a few suspensions and some bad PR, would you take the risk?

I say either strip the rings, or STFU. Because anything less is just a pile of ********.

17. bgh

bgh Supporting Member

What would you propose be done to a team that was caught cheating, but did not win the championship (or even make it to the playoffs)? (Not trolling, I'm really interested in your opinion).

18. Wombat

Wombat Supporting Member

If the refs handle the same balls after every play, why couldn't they tell something was up with the air pressure (or is the difference that subtle?) Personally, I think the whole NFL policy where each team provides balls for a given game is pretty stupid and only invites this kind of thing. Aren't the umpires in charge of the baseballs in MLB? Shouldn't it be the same for football?

19. jaycee

jaycee Member

The refs couldn't tell because it barely makes a difference. The only reason it's done is because the qb's feel it gives them a better grip on the ball. The ball will actually not be able to travel as far as a more inflated ball. Of course that didn't stop the crying Rich Gannon from stating that he could throw the ball 10 yards farther down the field, in his rush to slam TB.

Aaron Rodgers actually admitted he likes his balls over-inflated (beyond the set limit) because he has big hands. None of the crybabies even mention that. He has a championship. *****

Jerry Rice used stick-um, against the rules which would have a greater effect on his ability to catch, and i would argue, is a more serious offense especially for "the greatest receiver ever."

People just need something to cry about. And boy, are they! Suck it crybabies!

20. great-case.com

great-case.com a.k.a. "Mitch"

I used to read the sports pages first, because there you'd find mankind's aspirations to honor and achievement highlighted. Everywhere else was about crime and grime.

It's raining, she's at work and my fingers are sore from playing mind numbing scales. Gotta take a break, so I come here to read what you bozos are up to. I see by this thread that everyone is like me and we all have a little too much free time today... but here you go, water cooler time.

The OP makes an excellent point. I was so sickened by each and every chip in the wall of honor that each and every cheat attempted to make. Luckily, most of these cheaters failed. The wall of honor survived after punishment and public humiliation was rendered.

Those were the days, eh? Not really. In the old days, sports icons bad behavior was hidden by the fan/press and the cheaters got away with theft of the big prize. Today, we see a molecular level of the event. It's no longer entertaining... it's a form of warfare now. The money has ruined it all, as it will all things.

Speaking of money, gotta go back to work...