Hypothetical Question to any Computer Advertising Guys.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by SW33THAND5, Jan 14, 2015.

1. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

(or those who have purchased similar Ads)

Take the TGP for example. You can see the # of threads/replies/and views logged on the site by flipping through. How much revenue is gained from a site like this selling pop-up ads at the top of the site?

Anyone here have any idea that can speak from a position of experience? We are a pretty broad community.

2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Member

It depends a lot on your traffic and the type of site. It can also become quite a nasty little game with Google and others.

A few years ago I had a number of advertising sites that were mostly auto-generated around a topic. The content was unique, not scraped from other sites, but wasn't really all that useful. You've probably seen similar sites come up in searches.

At the height of it I had a monthly profit between $3000 to $5000 (before taxes). Then some a-hole at Google saw fit to penalize every domain I owned, including my personal sites that were unrelated to the advertising ones, and I lost my traffic and all that extra income. I suspect a competitor used a black hat SEO attack to take out my sites.