Hypothetically Speaking:

Zim

Lets say you had to build a rig from scratch (Besides cables/picks) and you had a $1500 Gift card for Guitar Center.

What rig would you buy to cover a lot of ground?

Discuss please.HAVE FUN WITH IT!

(and lets leave the Used Section out of it :D)

Last edited:

zzmoore

Sell the gift card to a friend(s) and use the money to buy a used rig from The Emporium. Your money will go twice as far, and the gear will be four times better than most any new rig you will buy from GC. Hypothetically of course....
Good Luck

Zim

Sell the gift card to a friend(s) and use the money to buy a used rig from The Emporium. Your money will go twice as far, and the gear will be four times better than most any new rig you will buy from GC. Hypothetically of course....
Good Luck

lol, ok, lets say said person has no friends interested in a GC gift card and you just had to buy NEW gear from there..... Hypothetically...

spaceman_spiff

Gold Supporting Member
can the hypothetical $1500 gift card be used at any guitar center? and for their used inventory? And by rig, you mean guitar + amp? And effects?

interesting.......

Cheers,
Carl

lang.murphy

What rig would you buy to cover a lot of ground?

Discuss please.

As in, "Gee, my amp got so hot it blew up and scattered bits and pieces over half an acre" type of ground?

:hide2

K... that joke made... I, personally, would buy a Tech 21 Trademark 60 (Blemished: $536), an Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Special SC Electric Guitar ($379, putting us up to... $915, leaving $585.) And a Godin Redline 1 Electric Guitar. Which would put me somewhere under the $1,500 mark.

But that's just me... covering a lot of ground.

Kaji13

I'd get a nice used amp from GC as well as a nice used guitar. If you go used boutique for both, you'll actually get a great deal....most of the guys at GC don't put high price tags on used boutique gear.

steveRB

Gibson Les Paul Studio- black satin/nickle $800

Peavey Classic 30 $600

Hardwire SC-2 valve distortion $90

sympathy tip for GC employee loading it all in your car $10

Trending Topics

Top Bottom