I admit that I have a problem

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Rab1s, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Rab1s

Rab1s Member

Now I know It could be much worse, and I know most of you have it much worse, but I'm usually able to keep a better hold onto these things.

I have quite a few guitars. Not many. But a few.

Fender Blacktop Tele
    Squier CVC tele
    Squier II Strat
    Squier Showmaster
    Squier VM Jaguar
    Fender MIM Jazz Bass
    Fender Acoustic
    Yamaha Acoustic
    Ibanez 12 String Acoustic

Most of these guitars I've modded to be much higher value.

CVC Tele has 52 Tele pups, New bone nut, new electronics, 4 way switch, brass compensated saddles

Strat has Vintage noiseless pups, all new electronics, new bridge and saddles (still need new tuners) and a new paint job

Showmaster has EMG's in it

Blacktop has GFS Fat Pat and Vintage 3x3

And I have plans for the Jaguar. Now I just purchased the jaguar a few weeks ago and I'm already jonesing for a Mustang (I'm kinda on a kurt Kobain kick right now) I usualy am able to mod before I gas (I want to get some GFS Crunchy Pat and Vintage 59 to be a budget KC Jag and get a buzz stop.)

You see, I'm young (21) I don't make that much money, I'm Married and I have a kid on the way. I shouldn't be spending money like I want. I only play in my church about once a week. I'm not in any other giging band, I'm not recording, and honestly I should put a lot more time into practicing. But all I want to do is collect cheap guitars and mod them to sound and play amazing as I have will all of my other guitars. Some say save for an American, but my tele can play with any other tele out there and its fun for me to mod.

So Here I am. 4 weeks from having a kid. And wanting to drop another 300 on a guitar that I'd want to put in another 150 to mod and refinish to be orange, on top of sinking another 80-100 into my jag and strat. I love all my guitars. Later I'll update with pics. They're all lookers. But I always want more. And it used to be about tone. Now I just want to collect.

Anyway. Just wanted to share my story I guess. And now to go back to browsing Mustang Pics.

2. William Braddell

William Braddell Member

Hey man, glad to hear your enthuiasm for your guitars and congrats on the kid. But did you notice at the top of this sub-forum there is a sticky that asks us not to talk about counterfeit or replica guitars (Chinese PRS would fall into this category)? Not having a go at you, just letting you know in case the mods delete your thread.

3. haymez

haymez Member

You, sir, are in the right place.

4. OM Flyer

OM Flyer Member

I sincerely hope that this doesn't come off as a lecture, but believe me, there will plenty of time to buy, mod, and play guitars.

Your kid gets one childhood. Invest your money and energies into that for the time being. The payoff will be incalculable.

5. Faded

Faded Member

You wont find any sympathy here

6. Rab1s

Rab1s Member

Thanks edited it out

7. William Braddell

William Braddell Member

:aok