I am stoked buying an XOTIC

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fuzzface, Oct 15, 2005.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

Anyone else here excited about Xotic? I really like the idea of the BB preamp for med to high gain ( I already have a TIM for lower gain). Also, I have heard the BB pre amp cleans up well as the AC boost. However some threads swear by the RC/AC combo meal. I use a strat, les paul, musicman, Ibanez and an SG, so it would be sweet to have a pedal that ideally works with all my guitars. Any experiences to share! By all means, drop me a line.

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I am an Xotic fanboy.

I bought all my Xotic pedals used, but somehow made the Artists Page on Xotic's site. No freebies and no favors granted to me from them.

The RC is the clean boost of choice for me. Works with ANY amp. When I am playing a clean tone gig, I sometimes leave the RC on all the time - it LOVES single coils.

The AC is, for me, a TS done right - no huge mid hump and a very amp like feel tone for midgain distortion. Combine the RC and AC and you can burn like it was 1985. :D

The BB is more compressed but retains the clean pick attack, sorta like some of the more expensive "rhymes with rumble" amps; just utterly accels at doing sustained single note lines like magic. Combining the BB/AC is a two-way ticket to melt-down distortion. Combining the BB/RC is another wonderful thing.

I also run the Timmy and it plays *very* well with the Xotic pedals. Past the trio of Xotic and my Timmy, I am 100% happy running any rented backline or my all-clean-all-the-time GT Soul-O 45 and having an amazing range of tones available.

3. Gril Grissom

Gril Grissom Member

fuzzface, may i call you fuzzface? :D

the Xotic combo sounds like royalty~ umbobamow-mow
    (sorry i love that tv commercial) :D

Heard Alan Hinds Live with 'em killer combo and sound! I too am not an endorser, and i didn't make the artist page, but i did save a lot on....my phone bill koko dadada (another comercial-geez i gota turn the tv off! :D

Best o luck in your search!

Rick

4. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

HEY! So the xotic works nice with the timmy or the Tim huh... interesting, wouldn't the cochrane pedal replace the RC successfully? Meaning since I have it already the AC and BB would be the only pedal needed? Or do you guys find the thetimmy or Tim sounds and or feels different than the RC alone and/or in combo with the other xotic pedals? Peterson, if you are on the artists page , you DEMAND the pedals be free of charge or demand to be removed from the site. They don't sound too saavy on artist relations....
    too bad

5. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

So what is it, the RC is the clean boost and the AC is the overdrive? I've always been attracted to these because of the EQ control it seems to offer. I guess the Timmy offers that too though. Like I need another pedal...

Anyone think it's a big deal that they have new footswitches now? I read that on here recently.

6. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

Yesterday, someone emailed me and said that the older xotic pedals sometimes had that switches failed. So I guess the new ones remedied that area. The same fellow did mention that Xotic staff were professional and courteous (something that appears to be dwindling nowadays)......... I am definitely buying one. I was going to buy an Eternity ( lots of ppl enjoy) but I think the BB pre amp sounds more what I am after (based on the soundclips alone).

7. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Me love all three also.. Just check out my comments on there site about keeping these pedals close to me as possible. He He.. RC, AC, and BB. Have you guys seen they came out with the Bass guitar version of the RC, and BB pedals.. Check it Out

Shane Pasqualla
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.prosoundcommunications.com

8. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I love the tone I get with my TIM. I REALLY LOVE the tone I get when I run a RC Boost with TIM. They work really well with each other.

9. Unburst

Unburst Member

Difference is the Xotic pedals eq is active.

I love the RC and the BB, haven't tried the AC yet.

I'm crazy above the RC, so many applications, it's a mega versatile pedal.
    I use my BB on a session today with the RC, super amooth lead tones, I like the RC/BB combo too, call me greedy!

10. Scott Peterson

Tim or Timmy are quite different in character than the RC FWIW.

11. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

Scott your custom guitar you made is very beautiful!!!

12. Scott Peterson

Wow thanks! My Dad and I made that together during 1995. I used it for about 6 months live before I got into PRS guitars. It still plays and sounds great.