I asked about Fender, but I ordered a...

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
After much consideration and pouring over pictures I made up my mind. I wanted a Black Relic Strat with modern radius, 5-way switch, a very dark rosewood board, and an alder body!

I looked around, I called around to many, many shops, and found tht I was probably looking upwards of 3 grand.

Nah...

Someone mentioned Rocketfire...

I just got off the phone with Nick at Rocketfire. It'll be a bit of a wait, same as what's detailed at his site, but I think I'm gonna have exactly the guitar I wanted at an infinitely bette price.

Above all this though, I just felt good talkin' to Nick. An extremely nice guy, who hung-out on the phone until we both felt satisfied that we were on the same page. Super guy. I just have this feeling that this guitar will be exceptional.:AOK

RJM/rydog2223

Did ya call Dave's?? I have a 56' relic strat, 5 way, 9.5 radius,alder body and med jumbo frets. Very tasty not over done relic job. Dang good price as well. Sounds like it will be a cool guitar wherever you decide to buy! Good luck!

P.S I can give ya the guy I deal with whenever I go to Dave's if interested, top notch.

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
Did ya call Dave's?? I have a 56' relic strat, 5 way, 9.5 radius,alder body and med jumbo frets. Very tasty not over done relic job. Dang good price as well. Sounds like it will be a cool guitar wherever you decide to buy! Good luck!

P.S I can give ya the guy I deal with whenever I go to Dave's if interested, top notch.
Yup...called Dave's, and many others, but I just loved talking directly to the guy who's gonnal make my guitar...ya' know? Once you talk to that guy, if you think he's a sincere and genuine individual, you get the feeling that his personality is gonna show up in his work. Nick seemed like the right guy to make my guitar. In just a short...I don't know...1 hour or so conversation, I got the feeling that he really wanted to make the guitar I have in my head. At that point I didn't get picky with exactly how I wanted the relic job to look, and spoke more in terms of intangibles. I want to see his take, and how he feels that guitar should look.

He stated that he has worked from photos before to try and nail a particular look, but I want to see what he thinks my guitar should be. What's the guitar that I'll find? I trust his idea on this one.

ford

Modz
Staff member
Sounds like a great idea! I think with Rocketfire and K-Line and others around, it is pretty easy to get the strat or tele that you want at a good price. Heck K-Line is about to start making some Jazzmaster looking guitars... I bet they are going to be awesome.

Can't wait to see your new guitar here in a few months.

rock

bford

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds like a great idea! I think with Rocketfire and K-Line and others around, it is pretty easy to get the strat or tele that you want at a good price. Heck K-Line is about to start making some Jazzmaster looking guitars... I bet they are going to be awesome.

Can't wait to see your new guitar here in a few months.

rock

bford
And that's about it right there! I figured, why not get a guitar that I can afford easily and not have to sell off everything I own for!

RJM/rydog2223

Yup...called Dave's, and many others, but I just loved talking directly to the guy who's gonnal make my guitar...ya' know? Once you talk to that guy, if you think he's a sincere and genuine individual, you get the feeling that his personality is gonna show up in his work. Nick seemed like the right guy to make my guitar. In just a short...I don't know...1 hour or so conversation, I got the feeling that he really wanted to make the guitar I have in my head. At that point I didn't get picky with exactly how I wanted the relic job to look, and spoke more in terms of intangibles. I want to see his take, and how he feels that guitar should look.

He stated that he has worked from photos before to try and nail a particular look, but I want to see what he thinks my guitar should be. What's the guitar that I'll find? I trust his idea on this one.

Thats awesome! I didn't know that the guitar was being made for ya, I must have mis read. I hope the guitar turns out great. The wait will be grueling!

codyj84

Hey BobbyRay, you wont be disappointed! I absolutely couldnt be happier with my Rocketfire strat. Nick is a top notch guy and a great builder! In the mean time, figure out how to rearrange your schedule.....because once you get it, you'll wanna play 24/7.:AOK

redpill

Yup...called Dave's, and many others, but I just loved talking directly to the guy who's gonnal make my guitar...ya' know? Once you talk to that guy, if you think he's a sincere and genuine individual, you get the feeling that his personality is gonna show up in his work.
Yup. I'd always advocate taking this approach (small builder who you can actually talk to) whenever reasonable.

StratTone

After much consideration and pouring over pictures I made up my mind. I wanted a Black Relic Strat with modern radius, 5-way switch, a very dark rosewood board, and an alder body!

I looked around, I called around to many, many shops, and found tht I was probably looking upwards of 3 grand.

Nah...

Someone mentioned Rocketfire...

I just got off the phone with Nick at Rocketfire. It'll be a bit of a wait, same as what's detailed at his site, but I think I'm gonna have exactly the guitar I wanted at an infinitely bette price.

Above all this though, I just felt good talkin' to Nick. An extremely nice guy, who hung-out on the phone until we both felt satisfied that we were on the same page. Super guy. I just have this feeling that this guitar will be exceptional.:AOK
..........."I fart in your general direction sir"

BobbyRay

Silver Supporting Member
..........."I fart in your general direction sir"
"Your mother smelt of elderberries, and your father was a hamster! Now go away or I shall taunt for a second time."

Now back to your quote. Why, praytell, do you "fart in my general direction"?;)

Trending Topics