I bought 3 guitars this week!!!

Earthworm

:jo
I sold a very expensive guitar and bought three and an amp. I share this only because I am excited about the instruments arriving--not to brag. The only reason I could afford to do this is because I sold my Olson SJ and had to spend the money because of tax purposes. I am not a rich guy--just a high school teacher who gigs 2-3 nights per week.

The first is a Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus. This is one that Anderson brought to the NAMM show. I saw it online and had to have it. I sold my Dark Cherry Burst Crowdster Plus to finance this one also.
IMG_3184.JPG

The second is a Martin OMC Aura. I had one and sold it. It was a great guitar and I needed an acoustic to (attempt to) replace the guitar I sold (Olson SJ).
OMC-Aura-lg.jpg

Finally, and most indulgently (is that a word), I wanted a jazz guitar. An ES-175 would have been fine, but I wanted a guitar to potentially have for the rest of my sojourn on this planet. Gibson Wes Montgomery L-5 sunburst:

100_7406_1.jpg

Finally, to top it off, I purchased:
0217400000.JPG

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
You sold your Olson ... aie! Oh well it probably got you some good returns and a LOAD of nice new gear :D

Earthworm

I wasn't planning on selling--I hadn't even advertised it. However, it happened and I am okay with it. It was a great guitar and it served my for 6 years. It is someone else's turn now.

Caretaker

Double Platinum Member
I got a 55 Jr, a Tinman Tele(on the way) and a River City Little Boy Blues amp!! And I may not be done yet...... That Anderson is stunning. Good luck with all of them.

Earthworm

I should also mention that I got incredible deals on the above guitars (with the exception of the Tom Anderson--in which I didn't get a good deal).

Jollyb

Silver Supporting Member
Woah! What the heck is an olsen to bring such a return?

3 guitars are always better then 1 I say!
icon14.gif
icon12.gif

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Is that Deluxe a reissue? If so, how do you like it and how does it sound? If not, I'm even more jealous then I was before :FM

NatDeroxL7

I kinda did the same, 3 guitars and an amp over the last 10 days or so....hoping to get my own pics soon but I hate teasing without the whole disclosure, so I'll 'borrow' some pics of my guitars from previous posts/owners.

McCarty BLE w/ IRW Neck #17/500

2936286400102908999nWcqzv_ph.jpg

Suhr Classic T

2797269370102908999sxdMos_ph.jpg

Gibson R7

2594467370102908999hTNoSJ_ph.jpg

BadCat Custom Shop AB 50

ab_50.jpg

All were from trades+cash or sales of older gear.

XKnight

I bought 3 guitars in the last few weeks as well. 2 last week and 1 the week before. Must be something in the air.

I know next to nothing about acoustics, but that L-5 sure does look nice. Congrats and enjoy!

Earthworm

Thanks,
I haven't received any of these yet. The only picture that is of the actual guitar is the Crowdster Plus koa. The other pics are stock I found online. I'll post actual pics as they come in.

gkoelling

Congratulations!

I'm not familiar with Olson but it had to be one heck of a guitar to equal what you bought from it's sale.

FFTT

Well you're just a shameless hussy! :)

The wood on the Anderson is spectacular and the L5
is just dreamy.

My neighbor is thinking about selling his '65 DR.

Hope he never sells his 00-42 Martin

Earthworm

I'm especially excited to get my hands on that L-5. There is something about that warm, fat jazz tone through a tube amp that sets my heart racing.

JSeth

Congratulations!!! Great looking guitars...especially the 'Wes Montgomery" Gibson... you said something about the jazz guitar through the deluxe - I have a '74 deluxe reverb (w/ 70's tubes, no less!) and I like the sound of my '67 ES-175 through my solid state yamaha G100-112 better than through the Fender amp... guess I like the precision of the tone characteristics from that old guitar as accurately as possible...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom