• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I bought a $100 Ibanez off Craigslist

Holliman

Triad Abuser
I'm no shredder by any stretch of the imagination as you can probably see from my avatar. I've been wanting to get a longer scale HSH guitar with a trem and started looking on Craigslist for some local potential. I picked out an Ibanez Gio and talked the guy down to $100. I wasn't expecting much at all. I spent about an hour setting the guitar up and getting rid of a small case of fret sprout. Slapped some new strings on it and played it unplugged and it actually played pretty nice. It has taken me a little bit to get used to wide thin neck but overall the guitar isn't too bad. It stays in tune as well as any guitar I've ever owned. I've been so busy lately that I just today plugged it in. I definitely was expected the pickups to sound like ****. Well, they didn't. They sounded really good. Not too hot and the middle pickup lets me get my Garcia on like a champ. I've spent tens of thousands on boutique gear over the past ten years. Maybe more. I am literally shocked how much value is in the Ibanez. Maybe I got lucky and just picked a good one but I doubt it. I can tell you this. If you are Les Paul guy like me and need to scratch the bolt on itch. Don't count out an Ibanez.

Here is a review of the exact guitar (mine is pearl white though):

Last edited:

Holliman

Triad Abuser
Makes me wonder if a $2,500 guitar is actually ten times better than a $250. Based on the guitar I picked up. Absolutely not possible.

slider

But, like, people will see you at gigs, and say, oh, that guy's playing an Ibanez.

No, just kidding, I have a couple Ibbys I love, even though the necks are on the puny side.

muzishun

Great score! Lotta guitar for a $100

I couldn't get used to the wide thin neck on a rg550 i owned. That's why I like (and own 2 '86 rg440's) the old roadstarii's. The necks are so comfy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom