I bought graphite string savers for this bridge?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by neastguy, Feb 29, 2008.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

this is what it looks like.. its gotoh bridge , but the saddles have a nut on the end... does anyone know if its possible to replace the saddle on these.. it took it of but it seems like the nut on the end isnt going to pop off... not sure if this makes sense... its the better way to go, just replace the whole bridge?
    [​IMG]

2. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

I'm guessing you have a snap clip underneath, you need to pull out the snap ring, then the saddle traverse screw will come out of the bridge housing, then screw the saddle off the screw, replace it, and put it back in, and put the snap ring back in place.

I replaced all my saddles on all my guitars with GraphTechs. I love 'em.

3. neastguy

hmmmm..... I dont remember seeing anything like that... but I will take another look next attempt... I switched em on my 80 lp no problem... I really like em...

4. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

There may not be a snap ring on there, now that I'm thinking about it- it could also be a little bent staple looking wire on there. Those you really have to try hard not to bend them out of shape while removing them.

5. neastguy

i'm wondering if there is just a whole string saver replacement bridge that would just slide... I guess I need to checkout the site