I cannot believe how great The Carbon Copy sounds!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CALI68, Jul 23, 2008.

1. CALI68

CALI68 Member

...I just wanted to say that.

I got the newest version from Proguitarshop.com and man! I am VERY impressed. Sounds excellent.

Now I know what all the fuss is about. :bow

-Chris

2. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

ummm, anyone has tried the CC vs the Sunny Day Delay?????

I am about to buy either because i need a second delay, something not too dark, for that i have a DBD

3. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

I like mine.How is the "newest one" different.

4. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

Cali68 ..played one yesterday....sounds fine.....and i am very picky when it comes to delays!!!:p

5. CALI68

CALI68 Member

6. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

When I owned one before I thought it was OK but nothing special. Then today when I was at work I decided to try one again and was super impressed. I'm not sure if it was one of the new ones or not as the modulation was pretty subtle but definitely there. At any rate I am looking forward to owning one again as it was nice and should take care of all my delay needs.

7. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I just got a new one from Proguitarshop.com today. I had an original one and I agree, this one sounds better and you can actually hear the modulation. You can turn the delay knob all the way down now without the squeeling noise too. I'm very happy with my delay setup now, the CC for slapback and the DMM for the lush type delays.

This is not related to the sound, but I really love that green metallic paint job!

8. CALI68

CALI68 Member

I agree 100%.

-Chris

9. haslar

haslar Member

yup. Great little pedal.

10. teleblaster

teleblaster Member

Have any of you guys adjusted the trimmers inside the box. How do they work.

11. Phil M

Phil M Member

I just got one (meant to get the newest version, but ended up with the old one). Yeah, it's subtle, but you guys can't hear the modulation?

Either way, it's a great sounding little pedal. It's still new for me so jury's out on durability and construction.

12. m@2

m@2 Member

i do like the CC, but i really have to go almost 100% on long delays to get it in the mix. But, for what they cost, the best analog value out there. (I have a DMM as well, so I use the CC more for slapbacks)

13. MartinC

MartinC Member

DMM? What's that?

14. Blueser

Blueser Member

Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man.

15. MartinC

MartinC Member

aha! :AOK

16. gearboy

gearboy Member

I put a CC on my board the day I got it, and it han't moved. Wonderful pedal.

17. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Chris, how does it stack up against the aqua puss?

18. gregory49

gregory49 Member

19. CALI68

CALI68 Member

Sorry Gregory I just stumbled accross this... for some reason I'm not getting thread updates for this.

When it comes to short delay there's no competition, the AP kills for slapback and shorter delays. Like many others before me have said, "there's just something about the Aquapuss" It's so smooth and fits in so well with the existing tone. There's reasons why they're so valuable and those reason are thickness, the repeats, THE BEST crazy oscillation EVER and just overall smooth-ness!

I was completely impressed with the CC! It's similar but with a longer delay time. It's not as "elegant" as the AP2 but it's definitely a great pedal and for the price you really can't go wrong. It is very reminiscent of the old analog delays of the past. Dunlop hit a home-run with these.

..now if you want a delay that sounds like a combo of those delays (with a touch of reverb)....MP Deep Blue Delay. I REALLY miss that pedal. It would be cool to have the 600 ms version of the MP DBD for longer delay needs and the AP2 for everything else.

....course I could just buy the Echoczar that's in the emporium and call it good. :)

:nono :Spank

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  20. Madsman

Madsman Member

I have the newest CC, and it's outstanding. It's not very dark... I'd say tone-wise it's between an AD9 and a Memory Lane. It's easily the best value on the analog delay market, and I can't imagine not keeping this pedal. It will probably kick my Memory Lane off of my main board.