I can't afford this

Nevets

Well what do you mean it "shouldn't happen"? It happens to all of us. It happened to me. Got into pedals, spent a bundle, then got bored with it and stopped. Got tired of beating myself up about it and now happily buy whatever pedals I feel like. If I really want more I can always sell my house.

jvin248

No ... I think what is being said is:

Make a pedal Warehouse to rent space to other players. At the rate of 10% rental fee per year.

A climate controlled safe space for pedals to hang out, perhaps with a dock to receive new pedals that clients buy and ship direct to their storage locker "so their wife doesn't see them arrive at their house".

Riffa

I'm your age (yeah, we're old) and have bought quite a few pedals this year. It looks like you've spent way more than I have, though. I'll just go ahead and say what you want--and possibly need--to hear: yes, you should probably stop, or at least slow down. Not only because of your money, but also for the sake of your playing. Get offline for a bit and try to play more. Put the gear that you've bought to good use. That's what I've been doing, anyway. HTH!

mcfly78

Fair call - but jeez - its like my 1st 3 posts....I don't think I've got an internet addiction....and I mean....the pedals haven't let me down...unconvinced.....anyone want to give me money?

Grubgoat

Not in to cars......I mean yeah they are loud but....where is the filter
I actually did the sports car thing, and I 100% do NOT regret it, I wish I had done that when I was younger (though I'd have been embarrassed back then); any drive ALWAYS ends up in a true smile or two. But as to the OP problem, there are 2 answers which work together.

1. Never Sell - which means you only buy quality stuff, and hold on to it for a long time, NOT as an investment $$-wise, just because. Your perspective changes when you're not feeding yourself cheap ebay garbage/hype box of the moment every few weeks. Save up (NO Credit) and buy the GOOD one, whatever it is - it takes time to figure that out, meanwhile you haven't spent any money yet, and the goal is to trick yourself to wait and wait and wait...

2. Play your guitar more, usually we're all gassing for new pedals when we have no musical purpose (so we start fantasizing about stuff). Start learning an entire album by someone you love, you'll stop caring about new pedals (well, until the song you're learning "needs" some fancy pedal you don't have).

Eventually you'll have every type of effect you'd ever need because you bought and kept good stuff (and no crap to pawn off), and the GAS mostly goes away after that. The playing chops are really the thing to chase.

Last edited:

8len8

Supporting Member
Do you have problems with impulse buying or gambling? Just trying to determine if it’s you personality versus something about the hobby.

AA864

Ehh, some people spend $5k for a down payment on an Uber Lux SUV lease, then spend $500/mo for 3 more years and then end up with nothing at the end.

If $5k of pedals makes you happy and you're not missing house payments and utility bills, go for it.

Last edited: