• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I can't find a guild m-20 or martin 00-15m anywhere in the Philly area. Help?

enroper

Hey folks,

So as the story goes, I'm looking for a small bodied hog. Particularly those two mentioned. I've tried contacting every martin and guild dealer listed on the respective dealers web sites to no avail. Oddly enough being an hour from the Martin factory and I still can't find one.

I really, really need a small bodied acoustic, as playing my dreadnaught aggrivates a shoulder injury I've yet to have fixed.

I guess what I'm asking, has anyone here happen to live in the area seen either of those two guitars in any shops? Or know of someone selling one? I really dont want to buy online...

AcousticDude

I've played the 00-15M and it would have come home with me except for some rules about guitar inventory in my house. There was a Martin road show that came to a local store. Craig Thatcher was the artist and he was awesome. (BTW he is doing a Clapton tribute at the Berks Jazz fest this March). They brought the guitar among others and I had a good bit of time with it. No need to look elsewhere in that price range. Moving up to an OM or 000 may give you more punch, still with a small enough body. My favorite guitar is my OM 21 Special. Good luck.

zombywoof

It is possible that new Guilds are not readily available at the moment as the name was recently sold to Cordoba Guitars. They will be back but in the meantime you might be looking for a NOS guitar.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Did you try Fred Oster's Vintage Instruments or some similar name? While Cintioli's isn't quite the great resource it once was, you never know what might be warehoused or brought in from some connection.

Jim Moulton

Cintiolli's is shut down, but it was a place where you could find anything. I saw a 5 year old NOS Gibson 50th anniversary acoustic in there brand new once. The Folk Music Store out in Bucks county has some hi end different size stuff, give them a call. Larry, from acoustic roots is in a store in Ardmore somewhere, would check him out. I'm in the same boat, my neck is bothering me and playing is painful.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
They moved, I think to Fox Chase and have a smaller operation.Cintioli, I mean. If Bennie moved on to join former customer Sun Ra, I probably would have heard...

Jim Moulton

I believe that you are right about Bennie, He got together with someone that he knew in that area, maybe relative. Have you been to new store?

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
No, haven't been back to Philadelphia for some time, except for a funeral in Havertown almost 2 years ago. Lived at 3rd & Mkt for about 20 years , left a decade ago.

mikhett

sain finish rosewood made in Waverly R.I.?Im The original owner bought new in 1997.NOTHING WRONG WITH IT IM LOOKING TO GE A NEW mARTIN D-18 FOR 2300 SO THIS HAS TO GO.850 WITH ORIGINAL hsc.mIKE

solosdad

L.A. Guitar sales on-line has numerous 15 custom series Martins for great prices. Ted the owner will treat you great!

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
It looks like the OP hasn't been back since he OP'd, but in case he is still interested, I would suggest taking a ride up to Doylestown, and check out what they have at D-Town Guitars. They have a whole acoustic room there. Unfortunately, there aren't many (any) good music stores in and around Philadelphia anymore.

Anyone remember Zaph's? Was there all the time as a kid (teen), drooling over guitars and amps. There aren't stores like that anymore.

8th Street (which was strangely located on 10th St), moved out of the city, and over to NJ. They are mostly an online dealer now. I went over to their store, and not much of a showroom to speak of.

Anyway, like I said, of what's left, I've found D-Town to be the best of them, if you feel like taking a hike up there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom