1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

I can't use my Phase 90 anymore

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Fernando, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

I've had a Phase 90 for years. When I played mostly rock, I used it all the time, it would fit my needs very well.

Now I play mostly jazz, fusion and a little blues. The thing is, I can't find an application for this pedal anymore. I mean, without a depth control, it seems pretty useless to me now. It's always too intense and artificial.

I remember I used to love the Phase 90 though and I see that I lot of people still do. Do you guys have any hints and tips of possible applications for the Phase 90 on jazz, fusion and blues? I'm looking for settings, clips or song examples.

Thanks!

2. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

the vintage script (isn't too strong) on min pot setting, I think it can add some nice cool ness to your playing overall. The newer models will be artificial but kill the definition of your comping

3. Fernando

Fernando Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention, mine is a newer one, with block lettered logo.

4. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Retro-sonic's new phaser is based on the 90, but can be backed off to what he calls a 15, 30, or 45. Pretty nice. I have one and besides being TB, it can still phase but with subtlty.

5. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

+1

6. ThunderTomate

ThunderTomate Member

7. Fernando

Fernando Member

Funny. maybe it's me, but I can't tell no difference between the first two clips...

8. jeak

jeak Member

I like my PT999 reissue because it's subtle. I use it for bass, though, so YMMV.

9. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Try to put it before any overdrive or distortion you have.