I decided to pull my strobostomp off

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by neastguy, Mar 14, 2008.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

my board.. its just not holding up w/gigging, jack keeps coming loose, I already had to order and resolder the input jack ...also, seem to take longer to track now...dunno why?.. anyhow... its a great tuner, but I think I'm retiring it from my board... I'm just wondering those of you who have had a strobostomp and replaced it and are now happy... what are you using? thanks...

2. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

I hope it bought you dinner.

3. neastguy

over my head

4. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Lot's of people had jack troubles with the old blue one. I traded my blue V1 for a silver V2 and never had a minutes trouble...

5. Julia343

Julia343 Member

Then again can you replace the jacks on it? That would be a lot cheaper than a new one. I think new jacks cost about $2.00 at Radio Shack.

6. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

Wow!

7. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

I've had the older blue one for around two years without a problem.
    I couldn't imagine gigging without it. I used to have the old Peterson Strobe Tuner for around 10 years of hard road use and it held up surprising well considering the abuse it took.:AOK

8. neastguy

alas, I think i get it now..... anyone want to buy a beat up strobo?

9. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

I have one of the Strobo2's and use it strickly for intonating . . . .I find it way to spastic for live use.

10. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

I usually just put a true-bypass pedal or two BEFORE the strobo....that seems to clear up any jack nonsense since the input cable isn't moving around at all.

11. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

I've never had any trouble with mine. I put it between my wah and boost to preserve the jacks. I couldn't do a gig without one. They'll improve your ear and your tone.

12. Don L

Don L Member

I just started using one couple of weeks ago and love it. Can't believe I didn't use one earlier (and for that matter, a pedal tuner as a whole). I bought a used DT-10 as a backup in case the SS breaks down, but so far no problems.

13. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

My strobostomp v1 started with the jack acting up after 5-6 months of daily use. It was fastend to my board very well. But then the Backlight would go CRAZY when tuning. It would just pulsate out of control even bypassed, I found a short inside it, fixed it, still it was goin nuts, after putzing with it, I ended up getting a KORG DT-10 tuner which doesnt have the same acuracy as the strobostomp BUT its For sure made better, and the jacks seem to be a bit stronger. Its aluminum chassis seems to be up to the challenge of gigging :)