I didn't know lovepedals didn't have adapter outs... :(

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MarkWorth, Jan 20, 2006.

1. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

I finally got my Blue Cot 50 and Deluxe 60, and i'm so excited to put them on my board when i noticed that they didn't have them... : /

Now i have to order those 9 volt adapters Visual Sound makes for it's One Spot, and then wait for those to arrive, and THEN use those pedals without bottoms bc there's no way i'm drilling them.... :(

I'm so dissapointed....why in the world would you not include those in a pedal. Most people won't use pedals unless they can power them via an adapter...

*sigh...:(

-john

2. jpagey

jpagey Member

Check with Sean first and make sure that that will not void your warranty.

3. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

The Lovepedal is generally pretty clear outlining what has and doesn't have the feature - ?
    In any case, it sure seems Sean's pedals are well worth any minor hassles...

4. Ganderson

Ganderson Member

Have you considered trying batteries? :)

Seriously, they probably last a long time in those boxes.

5. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

No sweat ill buy the blue right now if you want.

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

I'll buy the deluxe 60.

7. drolling

drolling Member

Not on my homeworld.

The draw on clipping circuits is so low that even carbon batteries go on and on and on...

And my vibe & delay are those newfangled AC powered designs..

8. Ned

Ned Member

cot50 sounds great with carbon batt and supposidly ive heard they run for a year before running out of juice! so theres not much to worry about

9. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

If you really want to use an adapter just find an adapter with a "universal" output that includes a variety of output connectors including a battery clip.

If you are really, really cheap, make your own clip by disassembling a 9V battery and soldering leads to the cap with the connectors and hooking that to your power supply leads.

If you have close to zero soldering skills and little time just strip a pair of wires and squeeze the ends into the battery terminal connectors, route them out through the pedal base, wrap to the PS leads and you're good to go.

MAKE it work.

You don't need no stinkin' warranty.
    YMMV, etc.

10. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

haha. good post.

i'm really just being Pissy. I like everything i have to be 100% professional, and doing it myself would definately Look like i did do it myself:D .

and i know some of you do use batteries, and ya'll somehow make that work. But I play too many quick gigs with too many pedals to worry about batteries running out. i have to plug in and go, and don't have time to plug in a bunch of pedals and hope they don't die...:( it's probably just me.

Bloody Batteries:horse (ass=batteries:AOK)

-john

11. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

How clear is it that some (most) of his pedals are battery only? Not very.

I have played an original Fab 50, Magicboy Vibe, and Twin 60. The Twin 60 was the only one with a power jack. It's also the only one I still have.

Sean is a free spirit. He does what he feels works best for his pedals.

That said, the prices on his pedals keep going up. Maybe when he reaches Z Vex territory he'll re-consider the power options. I never thought Zach would put in power jacks, now both the Vexter FF and the standard FF have them. Maybe not enough folks were buying the "power plates."

It's a jungle out there.

12. basscracker

basscracker Guest

these pedals can still be mounted to your board with batteries.just unscrew and take the top off switch batts put the top back on.
    the bottom stays mounted to your board.

also you could probably run one of those battery clips through one of the top or bottom screw holes and solder it up.
    it really only takes one of those screws to hold the pedal togehter.

13. playon

playon Supporting Member

The problem is if you keep them on a pedal board you have to constantly be pulling out the cable to not run the battery out. Me, I'd drill a hole in it... but then I sold mine. They are nice pedals but I don't worship...

:Devil

14. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

This almost kept me from buying some lovepedals...in fact, it actually delayed my purchases for awhile.
    BUT..then I heard them! :)
    I've run my cot, karl, vibe AND twin60 off batteries since I got them, never once unplugging them when I was done.
    Still running the battery #1..and I have some backups for when they're needed.
    IF they went out at a gig...I could always use the gain channel on my Shiva, I guess. ;)

15. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I use batteries in ALL my pedals and rarely have to change them. My Twin 60 has the same one that Sean mailed it with like 3 months ago and I play it daily.

16. Elliott Damage

Elliott Damage Member

good points bmore.
    i think power jacks are a pro feature and should be included period.

17. moodog

moodog Member

[FONT=&quot]I can see on a lot of digital pedals having the need for an AC adaptor. Some go through an alkaline in a matter of an hour or so.
    But most of those old school pedals even carbon batteries last for months. I've got a fuzz face I use a lot and the last time I change out the battery was like 4 months ago with a crappy carbon battery.[/FONT]

18. playon

playon Supporting Member

I just have a thing about batteries, I like the consistency of an outboard PS, I'm not crazy about "sag", and I don't like having to buy them, change them, etc.

19. Dr Rico

Dr Rico Member

John, I've used batteries in my pedals for over thirty years. I rarely even use a fuzz with a power supply. Carbon batteries sound MUCH better for some pedals (I use Black Cat Eveready Super Heavy Duty, bought in bulk).

That said, I like using a Juicebox power supply for power-hungry pedals like digital delays and suchlike. And some pedals require external power (like my Mutron and FoxRox CC2).

But using batteries is NOT the end of the world! Not in my world, at least.

20. Dr Rico

Dr Rico Member

Is it a "pro" feature if it doesn't sound good? I think not.