I don,t dance....

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by ToneZappa, Sep 9, 2008.

1. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

2. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Hehee - love it mate. You demon

Jee it's 1:24 here what time is it there! Insomnia?

3. Frank Axtell

Frank Axtell Member

Bub,

Your a bad influence, Iiiiiiiiiii mean gooooood influence....simply amazing my friend. I hear the Weasels Ripped my Flesh" and "Jazz From Hell" stuff goin' on....love that stuff....:AOK

4. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

how you gonna dance to that?:NUTS man that's bent. i love it in a big way.

5. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

bub,
    that was so hip it made me dance! very cool stuff my man!

jack

6. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

You would have made FZ VERY proud.A Creative Mind Venting.:D

7. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

OMG.. ya know Bub ..
    Are you patronizing when you give the rest of us compliments..?
    That was so damn hip ya scared the pants off of moi'...
    Whatever is going through your ears is the primo cut of meat off the the brontosaurus bro ..

BTW, how did you get the midi to track a rhodes sound so well ...
    Mine has very similar tones, but they don't register instant attack like that..
    (what I'm I saying... it probably hasn't something to do with 'skill' ....)

8. Rid

Rid Senior Member

....uhu...scary:D
    I liked getting scared and hearing unsafe stuff...most cool!

9. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Very cool indeed! (could really use a better bass sound, imo)

10. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Yes it was late we are one hour ahead of the U.K. and I should have gone to bed instead of posting this 60 seconds of musical (?) chaos......... But thanks for listening Woody. :AOK

Thanks Frank.............its 60 seconds of the kind of thing you can really only do with other players. Not computers you could spend a month tidying it up on a computer (but why !!!) It was just some frustration that had a certain vibe on it and last night it sounded like a good musical idea, but this morning just seems like a good attitude only. !!! :barf1

But thanks Frank. :AOK

Hey "Crazyfingers" thanks for listening......."Bent" I like that file under "Bent Music" LOL...........Cheers. :AOK

Thanks Jack...............Maybe you could post a video of you dancing to this !!! LOL Seriously though if there was a real drummer I could do 60 seconds of this in a track. :huh

Tex.....................you got it in one "Creative Mind Venting" (but some folk may use a different word......:huh) If I had a USB socket on my forehead life would be so much easier. :dunno

Thanks Tex............... Bub. :AOK

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  11. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Hey Joseph...........thanks but whats all this pants and brontosaurus stuff !!!........ As Tex said its just venting.
    The midi rhodes sound was from a "Kompakt Instrument" plugin. I did tweak it a bit but can,t remember what I did. I always mess around with the velocity on the computer so the playing (triggering) feels good. The pitch to voltage convertion was set on chromatic and fingerstyle and I used a "Michael Angelo" string dampener and no pick. As you may know most of my playing is legato so that really fast run the fretting hand just keeps triggering the synth. You can play even faster if you set it to be monophonic.........but a rhodes dose,nt really play like that.
    I did do some creative mouse work clicking in notes for a gliss and the splash of notes at the end.

I,m not at home at the moment but shall try and find the patch tomorrow morning as I,m sure I did something strange that made it play better.

Cheers ..........Bub. :AOK

Niels thanks for listening................unsafe it is but only in performance the notes are really quiet logical when you look into it. :munch

12. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Good greif Bub, that was incredible! Amazing display!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  13. Scoredog

Scoredog Member

Very cool, just imagine what you could do with a tower instead of a laptop.

14. j04n

j04n Member

Hey Bub - I though the Rhodes sound worked really well - quite 'unguitarlike' - in a good way - I wonder - to what extent is your playing influenced by the patch you are using?
    Killer playing anyhow!
    best
    J

15. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Thanks Conor............... I had a look at your MySpace. very nice sounds going on there I,m sure you could recommend a descent midi bass guitar sound !!! (any suggestions) ........really. :AOK

Thanks Chris .........I would say its more one of those private moments I should have kept to myself really. :AOK

Thanks Craig..........."A tower instead of a laptop" !!!! You do know you are talking to a man who is still in mourning after chucking out all his cassettes. ;)

16. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

I don't dance either but man if I could..........
    Bub, you are such a musical, interesting player/writer.
    You def have your own thing...very developed, sophisticated own thing.
    Always dig your posts.
    The laptop experiment was a MF too. That first thing that you did w/ the new rig?
    You bad......

Chuck

17. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Hi Joseph I just had a look at the patch and I had,nt changed anything. Its called "Classic Rhodes" and on Kompakt Instrument I had,nt even adjusted the velocity on the computer (very unusal for me) :(

Thanks for listening "j04n".............. I find the sound totally influences what I play in the same way as a normal guitar sound effects what you play. Many chordal things on midi guitar to me sound more musical, I think because you really can hear each not in a chord. But midi guitar is and always will be (I think) a compromise unless you can get hold of a SynthAxe (but then you need giant hands !!!) :drink

18. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Chuck Thanks so much for the kind words. Anything I ever hear you play on just stops me in my tracks you have everything under control in your playing, sound and mind. (El Grando Respecto) :AOK