I don't get why people love shiny, new un-relic'd guitars so much.

superrock

Silver Supporting Member
I relic my yogurt cups before I open the lid. I have been offered five times the retail price by coworkers at the break table for my artistry. The mojo and flavor imbued by a properly relic'd cup is REAL.
:)

CubanB

Cause it's cheaper. No sarcasm. Once it's plugged in, I don't care what the paint is, or heck.. even what colour it is. As long as it's some sort of blue.

phazersonstun

My dog does the most authentic relic jobs on yogurt cups I've seen to this day.
They feel properly broken in. I have all my fresh yogurt transfered to these cups prior to snack time so I feel less pretentious. I can't be seen eating out of a shiny new yogurt cup.
The Rottweiler tooth marks give it an amount of street cred the new ones just can't compete with. My dogs name actually is Mojo so of course there is a significant amount of real mojo added that no amount of fruit or cultures can put a paw on.
Mojo knows best: pineapple has the best toanz.
9520EBA0-8B4F-4F8D-A9D4-4E9FC082C019-920-0000024044F40B9D_zpse6d103e9.jpg

VJF

Oh no not another shiny new guitar thread!

Why can't we all recognize that "shiny" is just another a finish option like sunburst or fiesta red?

:bonk: :facepalm: :horse:

:sarcasm:

Hwy14

Silver Supporting Member
Shiny new guitars make me nervous and feel pretentious... relec'd guitar feel stupid. Worn guitars that have been around feel right. You gotta earn it.

No, really, you don't. I won't have a tear on my pillow tonight knowing I don't have your approval.

Gearaddict

Unreliced guitars are lawyer guitars: bought by people who just want something shiny to sit in their climate-controlled vaults and show off to their country club friends.

"I paid $50,000 for this Custom Shop guitar, Chad. It hasn't even been breathed on!" :Devil

displaycase.jpg

:fisticuffs

Hey, I'd love a humidity controled display case for two of my guitars. I play them, but I'd rather display them in my living room when not playing them then storing in a case or hanging on a wall. Some people take care of their **** and really love their guitars. Where's the crime in that? I like "aged" hardware or natural finish checking that comes with age, but thats as far as I'll go on the relic path. Players that play the crap out of their guitars have a license to relic their new instruments, I like genuine not fake.

zz1962

My guitars have honest play wear on them. Just like me. Only I look more like a relic than they do.

BigPapiFan

Gold Supporting Member
For all automobile enthusiasts on TGP. I have a heavily reliced 2000 Honda Accord, that feels extremely comfortable and broken in after only 200,000 miles. You can play this with reckless abandon without any worry of dents and dings. I am pretty sure that Jimi Hendrix and Duane Allman would have driven this model had they survived. For only $15,000, you can reclaim the absolute best of the glory years of Japanese-American auto technology with this classic beauty.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
No ****!!
As a Matter of Fact I am going to start Buying Everything Relic'd--
Cars, Furniture, Watches, Homes--**** Brand New Shiny Stuff!!

Why have a Shiny Brand New BMW M5 when you can Buy one Beat to **** for the Same Price?? Sounds like a No-Brainer to me. :peenut

Actually, the way some of these reliced guitars are priced, it would be like buying a beat to **** BMW M5 and paying more for it.

bloomz

I like women reliced. I find they're much crazier that way - which leads to, you know.....they just feel better in the hands

Trending Topics

Top Bottom