I don't know what this is....

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by jackaroo, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

sounds good jack. i can definitely hear that on a tv show or a movie. the quality of the recording is really good too. what kind of recording gear are you using and what are you using for the acoustic bass and drums?

2. Ulysses

Ulysses Member

Awesome sound. Which octive fuzz is that? Chicago Iron Octavian? or is it some other effect like the Moog?

3. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Thats very cool playing and sound........what was it, (Z-Vex ?) :AOK

4. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Very nice Jack indeed jack

5. jackaroo

jackaroo Member

Thanks guys-

It's my partscaster strat (1st take!) into the Sweet mojo vibe, BJF candy apple fuzz, EH memory man and the Park (set kinda mid crunch) I added some delay and verb in post (Pro Tools HD2).

Only the guitar is real...everything else is MIDI (Xpand).

There's some crunching going on somewhere in the track, but it's tough to find...I only hear it when things are summed...so I can't check in "solo" mode. Plus there's some distortion that's deliberate on some of the tracks, making it a tough thing to source out.

Once I catch it...I post again.

I was going for a gumbo type of thing. Drums are kinda Hip Hop, then Big Beat then kinda Rock- Acoustic and Synth basses, and swirly synth sounds for atmosphere. In the guitar? I was thinking BOG Hendrix mostly with some Trower mixed in for good measure plus some funky noise style stuff that I do when things get weird...

Thanks for listening.

JD

6. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Sounds great Jack!
    Cool mixture of influences and some funky playing and tone.
    Dug it!

Chuck

7. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Another great one Jackaroo, I love your feel over the MIDI stuff, you make its sound really fluid, natural, fluid and vibey while telling the story. Fuzz tone is off the hook boss! I agree with JB that this need to get pitched to some TV guys.

8. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Nasty and gnarly....swirly....makes images comes easily...
    Would fit very well with some Animé stuff......some acid ultraviolence:D
    More of this style please!
    Niels

9. w9six

w9six Member

It's amazing. That's what it is. The talent here at TGP is very humbling. Jack, listening to your playing reminds me of what I always wanted to sound like back when I was young. Thank you. and please keep posting. Matt

10. jackaroo

jackaroo Member

Niels-

Thanks man, actually I was listening to "Soft Limit" by you the other day and thought I'd take a stab at that type of thing...not he same at all, but I definitely was pushed by your clip. As for all the other compliments/comments- I'm really thankful for the kind words and feedback.

Thanks again my brothers...

Jack

11. marinblues

marinblues Member

Very enjoyable. Great production too!

M.

12. jackaroo

jackaroo Member

13. cdaloia

cdaloia Member

Killer Jack,

What library is that acoustic bass sample coming from if you don't mind me askin'?
    Great sound and choice of sounds. Cool part in a very cool track. Guitar brings me into the "way back" machine.
    Nailed it!

Chuck

14. jackaroo

jackaroo Member

Thanks again Chuck-

The sounds are all from a soft synth that comes free with PT HD2.

It's called Xpand, or something like that. The samples are all presets and then you can tweak from there. The upright is OK in the track, solo...you can hear its shortcomings a bit more, but it's pretty good. I think it's synth, not audio. I really just was having fun, and kept going, and going.

The Candy Apple Fuzz is really aggressive, and sounds pretty ripping eh? Unpredictible and keeps me guessing, which is good. The guitar part took about 10 minutes to set up and record. Just got a level and took it once. There's a little editing in post but not too much.