I don't like my timeline.. what else you got?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MattAnt, May 5, 2015.

1. MattAnt

MattAnt Supporting Member

So I just got my third timeline and I immediately remembered why I sold the other two. The digital engine isn't crisp enough for digital, the tape and bucket engines are too thin and metallic for analogue... I hate those weird ring mod overtones that are very prominent in the bucket engine.

I prefer my Memory Lane Jr 100% in sound, I would just like something that is midi capable so I can take advantage of my DPC-5. Any other midi delays worth trying? I already have a DD5 set to take the crisp digital role, this is more for the tapey, analogue, modulated goodness.

Thanks!

2. AuroraTide

AuroraTide Member

Echolution 2? Have had mine for about a year and am still finding new sounds

3. MattAnt

Good suggestion, have been looking at that one. Have you used a timeline and/or memory lane jr?

4. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

5. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

Yep, Timefactor. Mine has beaten a Timeline head to head twice now. Hopefully I'm not foolish enough to buy another in the future.

6. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

Korg SDD3000 is worth a look. It does a great deal more than the U2 thing. Although it does have a fairly big footprint for a pedal if size is important to you.

7. Silver

Silver Member

Similar to above, I adored the Timeline until I got an H9. Suddenly the former mostly sounded muddy, indistinct, and two dimensional.

... IMO :hide2

Having said that, if oscillating, dubby tape sounds and the manipulation thereof are your bag, then until Eventide add a low cut control, Strymon still has the edge for tape stuff.

IMO :D

8. afterosmosis

afterosmosis Member

I've been through the Timeline, TimeFactor, H9, and am currently liking the Echolution 2 Deluxe. It's only been a couple of weeks so I'm still learning the feature set, but the sound quality is great.

9. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Echolution 2 Deluxe kicked the Timeline off my board

10. Sparkfriction

Sparkfriction Member

Time Factor! Had a Echo 600 Bright aside and it did cover all my delay needs. the time line is pretty cool, but as the OP said, it is inbetween on some modes and since i am a long time TF user, i find myself setting it up to my needs is way easier for me. Echo 600 craped out. After a while of tweaking the Time Factor i did also get a setting which mimics this pedal. for me at least.

11. SirGilmour

SirGilmour Supporting Member

Echolution 2 Deluxe.

12. gearscrubs

gearscrubs Supporting Member

Been running an EP Booster into a TC Alter Ego x4 and loving the sounds (the DM2 setting is my favorite). Wide range of options, from digital clean (via toneprints) to very analogue-ish and modulated tones.

13. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Member

I sold my Timeline for a Supa Puss. I miss having a little more range of sounds, but it's a third of the price and a lot smaller and no dedicated power supply

14. jsytsma

jsytsma Member

THREE TIMES??!?! haha.

Ok, slightly hypocritical of me. I loved my Timeline, sold it, missed it and got another one and I don't plan on turning back.

I also have a Pigtronix E2D - You might really love it. I do.

15. Karl Houseknecht

Karl Houseknecht Member

I have a brand new TC Flashback X4 which I love. But I'd trade that Timeline for it straight up. :)

16. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

My suggestion also

17. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Timefactor.

Timeline is a great noise machine with a good looper and OK delays.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  18. ryandfl

ryandfl Supporting Member

H9 is the obvious answer.

Or a DMM if you got the soul, and cash.

19. MattAnt

I have had an H9, it did sound way better. I may go back to it or the timefactor, but for now I have traded the timeline for a flight time and am looking forward to giving that a whirl!

20. UrbanHymns

UrbanHymns Supporting Member

I've owned a Timeline x 2 and felt the same way. Digital sheen. I loved the presets for live use, but in the end, I realized that I wanted to see the settings at my feet and I could get by without presets. So I now have a Memory Lane Jr. and DMM XO. The DMM XO is by far the best sounding delay I've ever owned. I love it so much that it makes me overlook the fact that it doesn't have tap tempo.