I don’t normally like _________, but I’ll make an exception for this guitar.

Beakertwang

There are features I usually don’t usually like about guitars, but once in a while, a certain guitar causes GAS, despite my usual preferences.

For example:
I don’t normally like pointy guitars, but I’ll make an exception for a Gibson Explorer, particularly in cherry.

How about you?

Buttcrust

I can agree. This one pops the high E after a bit of "bending" , if you get the idea , I believe you may . I may put Graphtech saddles on it . I love this thing , oh yes I do :) I wasn't sure what I might think or like about it , prior to obtaining such a thing. I'm quite glad I did obtain it , oh yes I am ... I play it so much , I break strings ... lol :( graphtech , soon :) I shopped the trem on , just for a laugh :)
t42m2ui.jpg

milli vanilli

Gibson SG. But I found one that plays and sounds so good it is now my #1 guitar. Guess that's my reward for looking past the aesthetics (I don't care for the look of sgs).

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
I don't have any dislike as such for Martin, I just don't feel drawn to them to the point of buying one. The one exception is the Alternative X Bigsby.
srqx7zysw4qbfbbdo56k.jpg

I tried the non-Bigsby version in a store and quite liked the sound and feel, but I didn't even know the Bigsby version was available til later.

Beakertwang

I don't have any dislike as such for Martin, I just don't feel drawn to them to the point of buying one. The one exception is the Alternative X Bigsby.
srqx7zysw4qbfbbdo56k.jpg

I tried the non-Bigsby version in a store and quite liked the sound and feel, but I didn't even know the Bigsby version was available til later.

I had no idea this was a thing!

Tony Done

My tastes in both electric and acoustic are very conservative, I don't like bling, carved tops, fancy timber, gold hardware etc. However I would really like an original of one of these:
Zemaitis_Flowerfront.jpg

theruley

I normally hate any guitar with any sort ov vibrato bridge on it...floyds, bigsbys, fender-style, etc.

But the ibanez jem is so freaking cool to me that I would look past its floating bridge.

FbIsNotE

I don't normally like Jaguars, but I'll make an exception for ..... wait... no, no I won't.

I never liked Flying V's, but recently something has happened where I'm GASing hard for a Korina Flying V, complete with Gold Hardware, which I've also always hated. I don't know what the deal is. I genuinely never liked them and just woke up about 6 months ago realizing it will be my next axe.

I think this may have had something to do with it....

This belongs to the guitarist in "Bleak Horizon" and it sparked a dormant fire for the Flying V I did not know I possessed.

image003.jpg

Imperial_Tone

All things with a Maple Cap
Of all the interesting shapes, the Gibson Moderne has grown on me in a weird way. Typically im more of a traditional guy and prefer a good LP over anything else. Although I would probably go a boutique builder route with SS frets one of these days.

Moderne_zwuukk.jpg

Astronaut FX

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t normally like signature guitars, but wouldn’t mind a Jeff Tweedy Gibson SG or a Billy Duffy Gretsch.

Beakertwang

I don’t normally like hot pink shredders, Floyd Rose bridges, pointy headstocks, or heavy relics, but this Suhr has seduced me.
poWFdSvMj

buzzp

To piggy back off of the standard dislike for shredders, that new John Mayer Charvel signature model is really nice.

I normally cannot stand Superstrats but... this one really tickles my fancy.

charvel-san-dimas-pro-mod-sd1-hh-ht-electric-guitar-metallic-black-19048-p.jpg

Maybe it's the nice chunky hardtail, or the austere black aesthetics - I don't know. I just like it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom