I don't play my R4 enough, thinking about taking it out tonight but...

Ejay

I get it that you dont take it out to every gig...especially if you have decent other options.
Theres a lot of value in having a carefree gig and being able to leave it unattended and have a chat...or a beer during a break.

I own a pricy archtop which I do gig, but leave at home if the conditions are unpredictable. Same for my main solidbody in places where other players sit in. I bring either an es 175 or a beat up strat...not to shabby guitars either...just gives me a carefree evening.

That said...guitars are made out of the same material as basebets...;)

lpr9

It's an outdoor gig (our space is covered well) and it's ****ing 99 degrees with 85% humidity.
I do love the guitar, I have put in a decent amount of time to make it "gig ready" but it never comes out because of these types of conditions. Also, I use a double gig bag and there is sometimes fear of headstock issues.
What do you think? Is it time to just play the damn thing out?

why are you using a bit bag? Seriously

C-4

It's an outdoor gig (our space is covered well) and it's ****ing 99 degrees with 85% humidity.
I do love the guitar, I have put in a decent amount of time to make it "gig ready" but it never comes out because of these types of conditions. Also, I use a double gig bag and there is sometimes fear of headstock issues.
What do you think? Is it time to just play the damn thing out?

I had an R4 Custom just like yours. While I loved the guitar, and how it played, the P-90's were so loud with extraneous noise, that I had to let it go.

As for playing them outside in high humidity and heat, I live in Florida and have a M2M R9, Custom Shop Les Paul Pro, and bought a Limited Edition LP Studio specifically to play out doors in heat or any other type of weather. I installed the Kluson Revolution locking tuners on it and it stays nicely in tune and has none of the typical complaints about Gibson G and B string nut troubles, or any other Gibson complaints.

geoangus

Supporting Member
I play my R0 out all the time. Played it two weeks ago on an afternoon boat gig with no shade and again this past weekend at a gig overlooking the Connecticut River.

I can’t afford shrines so if I own it, I play it.

Trending Topics