I dreamed I saw st augustine...cover...critique

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by bluesguy63, May 25, 2015.

1. bluesguy63

bluesguy63 Member

Okay...so, I'm trying to get honest opinions on where I am musically. I've been trying to sing for the last months but I need experienced ears for feedback. I guess my question is kinda 3 fold as to where I am:

Would this be good enough to 1)actually sing/do a folk show 2) maybe okay enough for an open mic or 3) okay and not great and accept the fact that maybe my singing might get a passing grade at a campfire if everyone was real drunk lol
    Again, looking fro honest-don't want to make a fool of myself...thx in advance.

2. pinner

pinner Silver Supporting Member

I think at the very least #2. You played in perfect time while singing which is the trick lol!! Your voice is great for old timey/folk/bluegrass so I see no reason your couldn't hang in a show. I enjoyed it!!!!

3. bluesguy63

bluesguy63 Member

Thanks for your time pinner.

4. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

I'd give you better than No. 2 and say you're right on the way to No. 1 (that is depending on if you have a bunch more tunes ready to go and just exactly how big of a "show" it is).

Sounds authentic and real.
    Are you from the mountains like me?

Definitely start getting out there and playing for folks.

5. bluesguy63

bluesguy63 Member

Thanks reentune...and indeed, I am from the mountains-hills of east Tennessee. I'm not talking about a "big show"...no american idol intentions here:). Local taverns and what not are more my style.

6. straightblues

straightblues Member

Stop waiting and go do it. Voice is good now. The only way it will get better is doing it more in front of an audience. Get out there tonight.