I feel so alone...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Realfi, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

:( my Honey Bee hasn't arrived yet, my TIM isn't finished yet. I just ordered a Klon today but that's going to be three months...

It seems that everytime I logon here someones's saying that their TIM, Eternity, COT50 Blue, BJF something, TIM etc.etc. has arrived.

I feel so alone...so isolated (wait on- I'm in Perth I am isolated!). This is creating feelings of jealousy and resentment in me. I know it's wrong and I feel ashamed but...

I shall have to order more so this doesn't happen again.

2. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

All worth the wait, at least based on what I've read. I will never be on a waiting list again personally. I absolutely can not stand it! People say to place the order and forget it...impossible for me. I want something when I want it and if that means paying $50 or $100 more to get it now then I will, but I think my GAS for those kind of pedals is almost satisfied! I feel you though.

3. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

I feel for you bro but I read these posts and it makes me think. What if any of us were on a gig somewhere and god forbid your tim, COT50 etc...dies. That leaves you in a vulnirable position. On the other hand, if your used to playing on an of the shelf (not modded by anyone) Boss, DOD, Ibanez, etc.... you could always swing by the local GC, Sam Ash, Bubba's music and archery store, and pick up a replacement. Hmm..

Just a thought. Then again, there is a reason people will wait three months for a pedal.

Scott
    :)

4. what?

what? Member

Hey another Perth boy!went to your myspace...great songs!!I feel your pain...we dont just suffer from the waiting list, but also the shipping time!!!

5. modoc

modoc Guest

Holy Crap...this makes 3 Perth boys :) Well...my only suggestion is get a 2nd mortgage and do your shopping on Ebay. I think going rate is upwards around $600-$800 for a Klon and $250 plus for a Tim. Then all you need to fork out for is express postage and you're set!! Hahaha

Now that's just plain cruel :Devil

6. msp

msp Member

hey scott,

those unmodded mass produced stompers will allways be there anyway regardless if you are used to playing them

you know that if you were using a memory lane or a tim you'r not going to have a hard time pioleting a dd-5 or a ts-9 (if you were in a pinch...:()

it may leave a sick taste under your tounge

but its Allways there for a plan B

7. Realfi

I'm being a being a bit dramatic as I do still have a KOT and an RC Booster at my disposal, but I was silly enough to sell my Timmy about the original expected time of arrival of TIM to fund the purchase of my Honey Bee.

8. Realfi

I know there's at least 4 of us Perth boys here. Thanks for visiting our myspace btw.

9. rewog

rewog Member

Perth boys:-

SeanC
    Realfi
    What?
    rewog

Any more ? :)

10. BJF

BJF Member

Hi,

You know I make all the Bee's myself ......
    also working hard to get everyone out doubletime.

Hey, I wish you get your bee soon, and also your TIM- these go together well you know ;).

If you guys from down yonder can figure out a store that can carry things so you can try before buying that would be a mighty good thing.

Anyway have great fun gent's

At your service
    BJ

11. Wooley

Wooley Member

Hey man,
    Just do what I do when this happens. Order something else that will come this week. :dude

12. modoc

modoc Guest

Modoc Perth boy also...don't forget lil' ol' me :dude

13. rewog

rewog Member

Sorry Modoc... I wasn't sure. Your location isn't listed. :BEER

14. modoc

modoc Guest

No Problemmo Rewog :) I'll have to update my stats to reflect the geography...

15. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Thats why you have two boutique ODs! :AOK

16. mezcalhead

mezcalhead Member

Hmm .. I wonder what the offspring of this union would be like?

17. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

you will have your bragging right's soon! i'm waitin for a timmy!

18. Realfi

Hi Bjorn,

I actually sold my Timmy pending the arrival of my TIM and my Honey Bee and I do have a hunch that the two will work together very well. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Regards Realfi.

19. Realfi

I got to work this morning and there was a very promising looking package on my desk...could it be...surely..it must be....yes...my Honey Bee!!!

The paint certainly looks great in real life. Even curious workmates are remarking on how lovingly hand-made it looks. Mind you, those that know me well and know of my pedal obsession are backing quietly away from my desk-"try not to make eye contact, he'll start telling us about it!!!.."

Unfortunately tonight I have a local music awards ceremony (my band is nominated but won't win) but tomorrow-rehearsal, Thursday night gig!

I feel so much better. Now, where's my TIM!

BTW, thanks Dean and Bjorn - almost precisely the quoted 3 week delivery.

20. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Congrats, Realfi, that must feel great!
    Report back when you get to test it. I'd really like to try out the Honey Bee as well. I'm sure you'll love it. I've been extremely happy with my EGDM. It WORKS! I just talked to Harri at Custom-Sounds yesterday when I was ordering a new pickup and he told me that BJF pedals are selling like crazy at the moment. He praised Bjorn not only to be a great engineer but also an excellent player who really has a great ear.

Waiting pedals is a nightmare though :) Especially if you really have the need for them.. Our band starts giggin soon, and I hope I get my board finished before that. The schedule seems a bit tight though. All I need to complete my board is Timmy and a custom BBB that Sean is thinking about right now. Then I'm done, I guess..