I felt compelled to post this: Mulder Audio cables are amazing!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by the_Chris, Jan 17, 2006.

1. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

I purchased an X-Combo and X-Jumper from Gary and the tone difference was unbelievable. The clarity and richness of tone jumps out at you! Gary has been an absolutely great guy to deal with and he offers some great customer service.

I love how as soon as you order something through him, he e-mails you back thanking you for the order and includes all the tracking information (sounds stupid, but I like getting tracking information on my packages and I give that to everyone who buys from me myself).

I just finished purchasing an X-Head cable from him and I'm looking forward to using it, this man has already shown me that he delivers an exceptional product, so I'm looking forward to purchasing more down the road. Hands down the best improvement I've ever heard for my tone, can't wait for the instrument cables to come out!

Anybody else ecstatic about these cables? I'm absolutely in love with them and the audiophile side of me means I'll be getting the entire line as soon as I can afford it.

2. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

I want to believe...;)

Gotta link?

3. jrigg

jrigg Gold Supporting Member

Gary's cables made a tremendous improvement in the sound of my amps. I hesitated spending $50 for a 12 in cable for my 18 watt combo but then realized I have spent up to $300 for an overdrive pedal that I only used about 10% of the time I was playing and the fact that the speaker cable was going to improve my sound all the time. I ended up rewiring the inside of a 2 X 12 and use his cables from my Marshall to attenuator to cabinet also. Gary was great to deal with.

4. 57special

57special Member

I'm completely sucked in. 3 cabs internally wired, two head /cab cables, and one combo cable. Significant , but differing (in degree) improvements with all of them. They are a real help to vintage Fenders, IMO, both tweed and BF.

5. drolling

drolling Member

OK, I had to check the website to make sure these weren't those $8,000 cables I've been hearing about. Whew.. they're not.

So if I were to replace the generic cords that I'm using to connect a HotPlate to my '63 Vibroverb RI would I hear a significant improvement?

Brighter? Darker? Louder? Even quieter would be OK if the tone was better..

6. 57special

57special Member

Louder , yes, but with a full body. Best way to describe it is when you're trying to dial in an AM radio station. X-cable sounds like when you've got the strongest signal. Monster, Canare, 16 G lamp cord, etc. sound like your off a bit.

7. the_Chris

It's honestly not hype bro, I'm floored :)

Here's a link: www.mulderaudio.com
    I'm not going to lie, these cables aren't cheap, but if you have a nice gear setup, spending some extra money on quality cables should be a no brainer. I was originally going to buy Two Rock Crystal Clear instrument cables, but I dig Gary's speaker cables so much, his instrument stuff I'm sure will be amazing.

57special pretty much summed it up. You won't believe how crappy the quality of your amp was until you get some better fidelity cables. Everything you want in the guitar signal like clarity, punchiness, and sustain is enhanced.

8. DANOCASTER

DANOCASTER Supporting Member

Me Too !!!

I have Mulders in several amps and think they made a HUGE difference !! Well..HUGE is relative but they were a significant and measureable improvement !! Made a bigger difference in my '64 Deluxe Reverb than a $60 set of NOS tubes:moon

run - dont walk !!

Gary is a great guy , knows his stuff , and is an excellent kisser ( eerr..uhmm...I mean - only the first 2 )

9. 57special

57special Member

Dano,
    That's the first amp that i tried them in , too! a 66 BFDR. I soldered the x-cable on together with the stock Fender cable, then switched back and forth. Pretty clear difference to me.
    Hey, these things are a tweak. The amp isn't going to change character or sound different. It's just going to sound a bit bigger and firmer.

10. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

When you say they sound better, are you meaning that they are brighter? I tried some George L stuff, and didn't like it. It was bright, and I also couldn't get along with the thin, straight cable that would twist up so easily.

11. the_Chris

It does not make the sound brighter. It simply adds punch and clarity to your signal. I don't know how it does it, but it seems to bring out more of what you like in your amp. It doesn't just make a difference in the higher frequencies, the entire spectrum just sounds, well, better.

12. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

just playing on the "Mulder" - X Files reference...thanks for the link, I'll check it out...I'm just "afraid" of a potential upgrade cascade...found this when I was into audiophile home stereo...changing out one component with a higher performing one would reveal difficiencies in other components ... prompting other upgrades...

:AOK