• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I finally broke down and joined the PRS Club.

Braunzo

Well, I did it... I finally broke down and got a PRS. After many years of not really looking at them for several reasons (money being one) I started to feel a void in my collection. I didn't have anything real rockin' with a trem! I really dislike Floyd Roses and most guitars with two humbuckers and a trem are too shreddy for me. So then, I got to thinking about PRS. I played a buddy's recent one and I loved it. I always remember the older PRS guitars I played felt weird and I really didn't like them. So then I went on a hunt and played a bunch of different models with various neck shapes. At first I was thinking I was going to wind up with a Custom 22 or a 408 with a Pattern Neck. I actually wound up preferring the feel of the 24 with a Pattern Regular Neck simply for fret access. Not only that, I prefer the way the neck pickup is closer to the bridge. I love my Les Paul and all but I play a bit darker and when I switch to my neck pickup, I always get lost in a mix. The 24 completely alleviated that. I've gigged it twice now (the true test and why I don't do "New Guitar Days") and I have to say it's super comfortable, the sounds are amazingly versatile (this is the only guitar besides a Tele that I've used all pickups positions in one night) and it just looks cool! The Custom 24 with the Pattern Regular neck could only possibly be trumped by the creative of a 408 with a 24 fret neck and a Pattern profile... But that doesn't exist, but this is more than adequate! I will say the things people complain about on the new PRS guitars are the things I actually like about them. Mostly the "pattern" neck profiles and the rosewood headstock overlay.

Specs:
Custom 24
Pattern Regular Neck
10 Top in Charcoal Burst
59/09 Pickups

Also, shout out to our own brettk7 who works at Eddie's Guitars in the St. Louis area for the great deal and making the transaction so smooth! I ordered it on a Thursday and got it on a Friday (granted I'm only a few hours away).

Now for some crappy photos I took and some better ones that Eddie's Guitars took.

uvPQit9.png

HwCfaZy.png

4Rt2Wdx.png

LK9fUkH.png

2CAAaA6.png

And a goofy picture someone took of me while I was stretching strings, pick in mouth, getting ready to go on!
fA8Sr3Y.png

orourke

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a PRS also. These guitars are hard to take pics of. That one is a beauty by the way, I like the Charcoal burst.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
It's about time! :)

Just kidding. Enjoy your PRS. They are great guitars.

Braunzo

Congrats on the new PRS, orourke! I just ogled at it in your thread.

And I'm definitely gigging it. I won't buy a guitar I won't play out.

73Fender

That is sweet looking, I love transblack. I've resisted the lure of PRS so far, too many afflictions already.

Congrats

orourke

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on the new PRS, orourke! I just ogled at it in your thread.

And I'm definitely gigging it. I won't buy a guitar I won't play out.

Yes! What's the point of keeping a great guitar at home, unless it's some high value vintage classic. I'm doing covers in dive bars and playing three sets with a great guitar is a lot easier than doing three sets with a not so great guitar.

Braunzo

Yes! What's the point of keeping a great guitar at home, unless it's some high value vintage classic. I'm doing covers in dive bars and playing three sets with a great guitar is a lot easier than doing three sets with a not so great guitar.
Precisely!

jfwund

Gorgeous. I love the transblack finish (my PRS is Black Slate) and the PRS trem is a really nice trem - better than the Fenders I've played for sure. Congrats!

beanoboy

Congrats! You own a quality instrument that will require little maintenance and will provide hours of inspiration.

LJD

Congrats. The most current models are by far the finest they've made. Enjoy!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom