I found this cheap-o Squire Strat for $150 and it's actually a pretty good guitar!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Dr. Tweedbucket, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

..... I just wanted something cheap to drag to work and leave lay around if I decided to practice at lunchtime. This thing plays great and sounds pretty decent too...... amazing for $150. It has an unfinished chunky neck that feels great! The foto-flame looks like the real thing too :) It was used, but looks new and came with a high quality Levis gig bag.

Those darn Indonesians !! They do pretty good work.

2. Jeeves

Jeeves Supporting Member

I bought my nephew a Squire Strat last year and I had the exact same reaction. It plays and sounds great. I was really impressed.

3. DownByLaw

DownByLaw Supporting Member

I was quite surprised when I checked a friend's daughters new Chinese strat, which I believed was call a Starcaster, not strat. Very playable, seemed to be of good quality. Good unfinished feeling, chunky neck with I'd say a 12" radius.
    Played in tune up and down. She could have done much worse for a first guitar.

Patrick

4. blong

blong Supporting Member

I have a number of high $ guitars. I still love to play my Indonesian made Squire Telecaster. It is a solid, killer little guitar with an amazing neck.

I've played a Squire strat or two that just felt great.

Enjoy yours.

Bob

5. ghoti

ghoti Member

Some Squiers are pretty decent. Played an Indian one in a store a few months back that was quite nice.

As for Indonesian models, my Samick Les Paul copy is really nice.