I got an Egnater Tweaker for FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by guitars4god86, Feb 12, 2012.

1. guitars4god86

guitars4god86 Member

I was given an Egnater Tweaker for FREE today! How awesome is that?!?

I'm the Worship Leader/Music Guy at my church, and therefore make not a lot of money financially...that's okay, it's not why I do it...but anyway, when it comes to getting new gear, I usually have to save up for a LONG LONG time in order to buy something or sell a piece I already own.

So I'm talking to a friend who's also a guitarist about how I've been wanting an Egnater Tweaker for awhile, but in order to buy one I'd have to sell another amp that I really didn't want to and how it sucks that in order to buy even relatively cheap gear I either have to sell or wait and save.

That was last Sunday. Today, he walks in and hands me a brand new Egnater Tweaker. No strings attached. Absolutely free! Says he was just thinking about it and felt he was supposed to.

Anyway, just had to share it with someone who would appreciate it (that's you guys and gals!!!)

:dude

2. padavis

padavis Supporting Member

3. Joeytpg

Joeytpg Member

that sounds awesome. Congrats and enjoy it!

4. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

right on, man! you're gonna love it. Tweaker's an amazing amp for retail money; let alone your pricing!

5. koa

koa Member

Good deal!!!! I love stories like this...

6. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

Great story! I'd be wondering "what if I'd told the guy how much I wanted a /13?".

Just joking, enjoy that amp!

7. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

Nice! Gotta love the mysterious ways!

8. falconer

falconer Member

Great story! About 25 years ago at our small church, we had a leader that was in the same boat. He confided that he was saving up for a Takamine acoustic. Needless to say, I immediately started a collection. It took less than a week to get enough to buy his new guitar and a hard case to go with it.

The very next Sunday we presented him with the guitar. Talk about a grateful man.

9. guitars4god86

guitars4god86 Member

@Ed Reed - haha, I'll have to give that a try next time :)

@falconcer - I know as a guy on the receiving end I'm incredibly grateful! (Been on the giving end too and that's even better when you get to see their face!)

10. Matt Gnarly

Matt Gnarly Member

11. Nickstrtcstr

Nickstrtcstr Lactose Intolerant Guitar Slinger

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing that. It must have been great for your friend giving it to you.

12. 777

777 Member

Very cool :aok
    Currently I play for no pay. That may change soon, but I'm not quitting my day job.

13. chrisrocksusa

chrisrocksusa Member

shoulda told him you wanted a dumble

14. mrmatt1972

mrmatt1972 Member

My father in law is a pastor. He went from being a mechanic making good money to seminary being broke with 2 kids (one more came later.) One time someone just handed him a check for 5000 dollars just so he could continue - no strings! This was in the 80s when 5 grand was a really big chunk of change.

If you're in the club, religion can often be a spur for altruism on a grand scale. Don't abuse the goodwill of parishoners, and never take it for granted.

(sorry mods if this steps over the line - delete at will!)

15. jadams71

jadams71 Member

very cool as a former adult church worship leader and now for a youth group that is Awesome. I now if I heard of a guy that was in need of gear especially something along the lines of a tweaker ( preice wise) I would do what falconer did and get the money together. IT is cool to see and hear of things happening like that to deserving people. keep on keppin on brother.

16. playsarobin

playsarobin Results. Not excuses.

Absolutely awesome!!! I've been on both ends of that (my #1 axe was a similar situation) many times and it's always an amazing feeling man. Enjoy that thing!

17. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Thats a wonderful story!

18. RockDC

RockDC Member

I had a friend who had this happen to him while he was on a ministry tour in the 90's. His `73 Twin had to go into the shop so they let him borrow a `66 Princeton Reverb. They decided he should just keep it... 15 years later he sold it for $1200 and bought a Marshall JCM800.

19. walkers

walkers Member

That's a true blessing, enjoy!

20. chrisrocksusa

chrisrocksusa Member

you should tell him to give you a chicken sandwhich, and some waffle fries...FOR FREE