• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

I got my DT25 in today.

RJT

And I'm admittedly, less than thrilled with it. I think I like the HD500x better through my Subway Rocket via 4cm. I'm gonna hold on to it for a few weeks and tweak the living hell out of it.. But we'll see..

RJT

So, I have been messing with it for the past 4 hours. I got it to sound better.. But not good enough yet, to convince me to not send it back. I like it plugged into the front of it.. No doubt about that.. And if that were its intended use for me.. I might already be on board to keep it. Have it going through L6 Link with my HD500x. Dove deep into posts regarding how to set it up on the Line 6 Forum.. So I am sure I'm going about it the right way. Something just seems.. Off. Also tried it 4 cable method through the DT25. No luck there either. Again, I had a much easier time dialing this in using the 4 cable method on my Mesa Subway Rocket 22. I'm taking a break and walking away for a few hours. Then I'll return, and try and find the magic.

I liked the one I tried... Was plugged straight in, I've got no interest in the PODs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghostrider

I've got one that I use regularly (also have a Fender DRRI). I used to have an HD500 with the L6 Link cable and it was mediocre. I bought this amp specifically because of that connectivity. Eventually, I tried going straight in with some analog pedals and it was waaaaaay better.

I actually think this is an amp that doesn't get much attention because of the Line 6 name (and because of the L6 Link as the primary selling point) but it's a very good amp in its own right.

RJT

5 more hours in with no luck. Strata.. Checked out that vid.. That's how I'm running my DT. Stacked power amp mode with cab modeling off. Tried it with cab modeling on and other modes, as well.. No luck. Had to put the guitar down again as I started to get frustrated. I'm annoyed because I really want to like this amp. This in all honesty, would be an end all for me until It's time to upgrade hardware. I found the damn Spider IV 75 that I demo'd yesterday to be easier to dial in.. Sadly. 18 more days of trial and error. If I don't find what I'm looking for by then.. It's back to the drawing board for me.

DaveKS

5 more hours in with no luck. Strata.. Checked out that vid.. That's how I'm running my DT. Stacked power amp mode with cab modeling off. Tried it with cab modeling on and other modes, as well.. No luck. Had to put the guitar down again as I started to get frustrated. I'm annoyed because I really want to like this amp. This in all honesty, would be an end all for me until It's time to upgrade hardware. I found the damn Spider IV 75 that I demo'd yesterday to be easier to dial in.. Sadly. 18 more days of trial and error. If I don't find what I'm looking for by then.. It's back to the drawing board for me.
Hey it just may be one of those days. Walk away, pop to the pub, have a few micro brews. Try again another day.

RJT

Hey it just may be one of those days. Walk away, pop to the pub, have a few micro brews. Try again another day.
It's very possible. I've also given it thought that maybe this just isn't an amp that speaks to me. Both are possible. I plan on investing some hours into it every day till I've had it for about 3 weeks. If that magic hasn't happened yet.. Then I'll just return it to GC. My local store said that they'd accept the return even though I ordered it through GC online because it wasn't in stock at the store. At that point.. I'll audition small tube heads till I find something that sticks. But for now.. I'll try and get what I want out of it. :)

Maybe it's just not the one for you...??? No worries, not like you are doing it wrong somehow. Just different flavors for everyone. I hope you get it dialed in, or find one you like better. Either way - good luck & keep rockin!!

RJT

Maybe it's just not the one for you...??? No worries, not like you are doing it wrong somehow. Just different flavors for everyone. I hope you get it dialed in, or find one you like better. Either way - good luck & keep rockin!!

Thanks! If all else fails.. The 500x sounds phenomenal through my Mesa Subway Rocket 22.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
Is it a DT25 combo or head? I noticed you have it set to Stacked Power Amp? There are different EQ curves for each of those output settings. The Stacked Power Amp setting reduces bass response, as it's EQ'd for a 2x12 or 4x12 cabinet.

boyce89976

Gold Supporting Member
I see your cab is a 1x12. Try the Combo Power Amp setting and see if you like that any better... it will add some bass response.

stratamania

I see your cab is a 1x12. Try the Combo Power Amp setting and see if you like that any better... it will add some bass response.
That's worth a try or using a different cab if you have one.

Thanks! If all else fails.. The 500x sounds phenomenal through my Mesa Subway Rocket 22.
Perhaps that is the answer.

Either something works for you or it doesn't. Perhaps the DT25 just isn't your thing. But in any case don't tweak with tired ears :)

RJT

That's how I'm running my DT. Stacked power amp mode with cab modeling off. Tried it with cab modeling on and other modes, as well.. No luck.
I tried it in nearly every combination I could think of, lol. I've tried my EV loaded 1x12, a G12T-75 loaded 2x12, a Celestion Rola G12-80 1x12, and a V30 4x12.. No luck. I'll keep working at it, for now.

Wedge

Silver Supporting Member
Do those Pod things have built in speaker emulation you have to turn off? That might make your sound anemic through an amp.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom