1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

I got my Ernie Ball Axis Sport with P-90's

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by soldano16, Jan 10, 2006.

1. soldano16

soldano16 Member

and it really rocks. Maple neck ((I would have preferred rosewood but the $550 price was just too good to resist).

Excellent guitar. I had owned 2 EBMM EVH's and liked them and when I saw a P-90 verion I really wanted one.

Sounds a bit like a tele. Really wails when cranked. Nice rich complex tone. Amazingly light. It almost feels like a toy. But it's a very cool guitar.

I like it.

2. axpro

axpro Member

I've been lusting after one of these for a while now, I got a PDS Custom22 soapy instead, but i reallylike the necks on the axis!

Congrats!

3. Funky Chicken

Funky Chicken Member

If it makes you feel any better, RW fingerboards are really rare on those, and $550 is a steal.

Enjoy it!

4. gtrplayer23

gtrplayer23 Member

very nice guitar. i almost bought one 2 years ago.

5. jordanL

jordanL Member

I have an Axis SuperSport with the MM90's. $550 is a steal on one of those. I agree on the tele thing, but give em some gain and they really rock out. Very comfrotable guitar to play. Enjoy.

6. Mcclassic

Mcclassic Member

Congratullations, I just gort one too, with amatching headstock and curly maple top for 800, so 550 is a great price, congratullations and enjoy that guitar. So far the MM guitars are my favorites now, the neck and playability are just incredible.

7. AD

AD Supporting Member

8. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

The guitar player who appeared with Emmylou Harris on Jay Leno a week or so ago was playing a gold trem'd Axis SS w/P-90's & rw board & it sounded great. I've yet to play one, but they sure do look nice & for $550 it sounds like a downright steal. :)

9. TwinandTwang

TwinandTwang Member

That was Steuart Smith w EmmyLou and Rodney Crowell.

10. onemind

onemind Member

I parted with mine....(but still have another!) Probably the first guitar I reach for...I don't think I've seen one with a RW fingerboard.