I got my first boutique pedal!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rock Steady, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Rock Steady

Rock Steady Member

I just bought a fulltone plimsoul. Sounds sweet!! woohoo!!!...well actually I traded two pedals for it lol. A cs9 chorus and a corona chorus. Im so happy!! :D

2. stratplayer80

stratplayer80 Senior Member

2 chorus pedals for a plimsoul? Nice!!

3. terrapin

terrapin Member

Hope you enjoy it. There are ALOT of cool sounds in a Plimsoul.

4. ARC Effects

ARC Effects Member

Congrats.

Now prepare for a long and dark (though fun) addiction... :rotflmao

5. dysorexia

dysorexia Senior Member

Seems like the chorus for a plimsoul would have been a fair trade.

6. lovecarriedcros

lovecarriedcros Member

Haha good luck on your new journey, buying , selling ,and trading.lol that how I started too. I traded into a keeley ds-1 ( had no clue what it was) then I started getting into pedals and then from there I found the gearpage. Its a love/ hate thing and lord of fun

7. HBob

HBob Member

Nice one to start out with! Congratulations! My first was a Menatone Blue Collar. I'll never sell it.

8. BootRoots

BootRoots Supporting Member

Nice score. Btw is fulltone still considered boutique? They seem as widely available as boss at places like gc. Of course around here if there isnt a 2 year wait and a 300 dollar tag its not boutique

9. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

Perhaps not 'boutique' when judged by those terms, but certainly a pedal of 'boutique' quality and performance. But what is 'boutique' anyway?

Congrats, I hear it's one of the best, and if you like it.... welcome to the madhouse! ;)

10. dascher

dascher Member

Yea Fulltone might not be boutique anymore. There pedals are starting to be sold everywhere. Especially the OCD considering its priced very competitively. Still a great company, boutique doesnt really matter.

My first boutique was the RMC Picture wah :)

11. alguit

alguit Member

Congrats-that's a nice pedal!

My first boutique: a Fulltone '69, #73, traded a Multivox FullRotor unit for it over the phone with Mike Fuller!

Enjoy the Plimsoul!

-Alan

12. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

I think boutique is simply hand-made vs. factory-made. My GF makes pedals in a small room in her place to a really high level of quality, so I'd consider these to be boutique if she were to ever sell them.

I guess there would be more possibilities of things going wrong/bad batches in a factory run. Also seems to me that boutique pedals seem to tailor a bit more specifically to specific types of tones.

13. Marrrty

Marrrty Member

In books, boutique is hand made. My first was the OCD. Have fun with the Plimsoul!

14. Rock Steady

Rock Steady Member

Wow im having so much fun with the plimsoul already. What other fulltone pedals would you recommend? OCD or soulbender etc.?

15. guitargod2u

guitargod2u Member

i'd recommend trying other brands too. More out there besides fulltone. I am not bashing his stuff i actually like it alot but really if you want another drive to go with your plimsoul i'd probably just grab a boss bd-2,sd-1,od-3,combo drive,power stack, whatever else sounds good that is mass produced. Trust me you will come full circle and realize that good sounds can be had for less. I have combination of handmade pedals and mass produce and really the audience can not tell a difference in most cases.

16. HBob

HBob Member

Maybe try an older big box Soulbender. An older big box '70 is also cool and can be found for a lot less cash.

17. strombie

strombie Member

Plimsouls are a lot of fun, and you'll get some great lead tone out of that pedal. I also recommend the Fulldrive 2 for some really warm, low-med overdrive. I have a 69 fuzz in the mail that I CANT WAIT to play.

18. Lolasaurus

Lolasaurus Member

Yeah, I think fulltone is factory made now; I'm probably wrong though, but I think a definition of boutique would rule it out.
    It's not really a subjective term, it's either hand-made boutique, or not.
    But there's something to be said for a factory design that appeals to a larger market; boutique pedals really are all about customs, which means squat to most rational players.

Just looked it up cause I thought it was interesting, - "specific clientele"