I got snipped

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Colnago, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Colnago

Colnago Member

Starting to feel much better. Sleep is still a bit difficult as I’m a side sleeper and the guys get squished so I slept in my recliner last night.
    All in all, not too bad.

jpervin, FiestaRed and pepedede like this.
  2. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Gold Supporting Member

If you're a side sleeper with these issues, put a firm(ish) pillow in between your knees and see if that helps.

Did they give you any pain medicine for after?

3. Ramboorider

Ramboorider Member

I had it done twenty several years ago. Our two girls appeared to be keepers by then and two was the right number. I was sore for a couple days, then one side got infected so I was sore for a few more days, then everything was fine. I'd say it's the least we can do given what the wimmin do popping kids out...

Colnago likes this.
  4. Colnago

Colnago Member

I’ve been on 120mg of morphine a day for the last year or so as I’m waiting for knee surgery so there isn’t much they could give on top of that.
    The problem is that once you’re on a certain dose of morphine for a while it is no longer effective and you need more and more and I’m trying really hard to avoid that as it usually leads to a dependency that I’m not looking forward to.
    Chronic “controlled” pain seems to be where I’m at.

FiestaRed likes this.
  5. AlanH

AlanH Member

6. Tony

Tony Supporting Member

Same here... ended up in the ER. It only hurt for, oh, a year.

On the bright side we have not had any more children. So I got that goin’ for me.

7. RoneB

RoneB Member

I had an interesting team for my operation. Just a nurse and doctor, the worst part was the needle in my nuts then it was smooth sailing. The nurse was in her late 50's and she was great talking to me and keeping me relaxed.

Just after she shaved me and explained the novocane would be the worst part but goes quick I looked at her with my little boy face and said "I want my mommy" I was totally kidding and was trying to make her laugh. Well this ladies motherly instincts kicked in and she held my hand and treated me like I was her little boy the entire time.

She was great and I'll never forget her.

8. jpervin

jpervin Supporting Member

“Don’t worry, Honey. You’re not my first rodeo.”

:brick

5992 likes this.
  9. Triocd

Triocd Supporting Member

Here’s my story...I got snipped yesterday afternoon. I’m feeling fine today. A little soreness but I’m not on Tylenol anymore because I want to drink some beer watching the World Series.

However, during the snipping I was on the verge of a panic attack the whole time. I was sweating, squirming, tense and almost fainting. The Valium did nothing for me. Thankfully the doctor had a steady hand and the nurse talked me through it. Today was awesome, wife and kids went away for the weekend to let me rest but I’ve been playing guitar all day.

Washburnmemphis and Colnago like this.
  10. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Member

I got snipped 28 years ago yesterday. I remember it like it was yesterday. Ouch!

TD

11. gigs

gigs Member

Got snipped over 20 yrs ago. Went to a wedding that night (Friday). Pretended to be in mild pain over the weekend for some sympathy from the wife and just sat on the couch and watched football all weekend. Went to work on Monday and went for a run at lunchtime. Didn't hurt a bit. So glad I did it.

12. Triocd

Triocd Supporting Member

Damn...I got cocky. Days 1-2 weren’t bad at all. 3, 4, and not 5 are way worse. A lot more swelling and pain. I’m walking pretty funny now. It isn’t horrible but my rest days are over, back to work and running around chasing after my kids. I did too much days 2 and 3 because I had the house to myself for once and I felt ok. Now I’m paying for it.

13. Triocd

Triocd Supporting Member

Gah, 6 month’s post surgery and I’m still fertile! I’m gonna need to get snipped and soldered again! Anyone else fail their V?

My wife has been calling me Invinciballs

14. Stike

Stike Member

17 years and still all good. Hopefully it stays that way, I'm a 49 yo almost empty nester and the last thing I want is a new baby.

15. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

Did you get her "in the family way" again?

16. Papanate

Papanate Gold Supporting Member

Wait a second - are you saying that if the OP didn't believe in the surgery he got cut for nothing?

FiestaRed likes this.
  17. Papanate

Papanate Gold Supporting Member

As a man I have to agree...not to mention how painful it would be to have a baby at 49 and while being a man.

18. Nsomniac

Nsomniac Supporting Member

A guy in my band, when it was time, called all around town to find the lowest priced vasectomy he could. Hit paydirt with a doctor who answered his own office phone and gave him a rock bottom price.
    For some reason he had a really rough recovery and a lot of pain.

19. misterturtlehead

misterturtlehead Member

I got one about fifteen years ago when my wife and I decided that neither of us wanted to have children. We wanted basset hounds instead.

20. Stike

Stike Member

You probably should have just started a new thread instead of bumping this one since it seems 99% of TGP comment after only reading the thread title.

Anyway, condolences.

Washburnmemphis likes this.