I guess you're all wondering why I asked you here today....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RR59CMS, May 20, 2015.

1. RR59CMS

RR59CMS Member

Been a member for five years now (old guy rant coming) and I'm disappointed with most of the introductions I see on the forum. I joined to share information, learn new things and basically be part of the guitar playing family here. I don't get introductions like "YO" "SUP?" meh ~ I think most members are looking to grow. Look at how many people look at an introduction as opposed to how many respond, pretty weak. Come on people, tell us about yourself, your experience, etc....lets make this fun.
    My name is Rod, been playing for 50 years. Guitars and musicians have been my best friends all my life. I prefer to write and perform my own songs with my wife (my bass player of 15 years). I spent the last 10 years working with Curt Mangan Strings and have probably spoken to lots of you on the phone over the years. When I'm not playing I enjoy being outdoors experiencing the Southwest where I live. I'm 63 years old and plan on bending strings until the end. So come on ~ whats your story. At the same time, please respond to introductions with enthusiasm and lets try and improve the experience. End of rant.

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

3. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

4. eldorado2001

eldorado2001 Member

Welcome! The title of your post evokes memories of a Mothers song (You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here). I'm 57, from flyover country, I play bass in a classic rock/blues band, we do a few originals, too. We play around 100 gigs per year. I'm stricken with terminal GAS pain. I love my gear, especially my Gibson guitars and Fender amps. My cold, dead fingers will likely have to be peeled off a guitar some day.
    I come here to "listen in" on various pertinent conversations, often to learn about GEAR I'm in the process of contemplating the purchase of. It's amazing, how one man's trash is the next man's treasure, but it happens quite often here.

5. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

yo.
    sup rod?

65DuoSonic likes this.
  6. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member

7. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hello Rod,

Welcome to The Gear Page!