I had to check my parlor guitar while flying!

leftybill

Supporting Member
I was sweating bullets when Continental had me check my guitar due to no overhead storage spece. Fortunately, the instrument was not damaged, but I will not take this risk again. The size of carry on luggage that people are carrying on is unbelievable.
Does anyone make a well padded gig bag for a parlor size guitar?
Thanks

mark norwine

Check out Blue Heron closely before you buy & make absolutely certain that their offerings are heavy-duty enough for what you want.

I was...and remain....woefully underwhelmed by the quality, padding & general "robust-ness" of the bag I got for my archtop.

I would never, ever, ever consider a Blue Heron bag for an airplane....even as carry-on.

Very lightweight bag, very lightly padded. Not what I would even call a "gig bag"...

arthur rotfeld

Supporting Member
The size of the carryon bags shouldn't be an issue.....there are very specific sizes and there are those metal contraptions for sizing at every gate. I just had to put my bag into the sizer at JFK.

The problem is the airlines insist on charging for a single bag, now no one wants to check anymore, so the cabin is packed to the brim. It'll come to a head soon enough.

leftybill

Supporting Member
No the guitar was in the factory issued gig bag. I never had to check a guitar prior to this. I either need to get something better, or it will not be worth bringing it along.

Trending Topics